[Archive] The Funky Bunch: A paintblog

Bolg:

Ha you did a bit better than I did on the tournament.

I’ll be keeping an eye of for the next update here and I will meet you again on a next tournament.

And now finish those characters and make more pics (;

Singleton Mosby:

I'll be keeping an eye of for the next update here and I will meet you again on a next tournament.

Bolg
Sounds like a good plan :hat off

Singleton Mosby:

Got a couple of new models to show.

First of there’s my unit of Hobgoblins with bows. I took these to the tournament so they aren’t “new” exactly but I didn’t show 'em yet. As I don’t have the proper models I used simple nightgoblins which do the job as well.

Painted these in about five hours, about the same time I took to paint about two Chaos Dwarfs. :o

40 more of them are comming up soon.

Next to these chaps I am also working on some improvements for my warriors. These will include more detail, better highlighting, weathering a new movement-tray and better bases.

Of the later one I have three ready at the moment.

Another addition to my army is a Hellcannon, bought it only for only 15 euros so I am quite happy about it.

And, as I promissed myself when I started my insane CD project, I’ve started on my Death Korps of Krieg army. All of these will get custom bases and I will spend a lot more time on the models then I normally do. Here’s a first model I painted to test the paint-scheme.

Perhaps, one day in the future, I will also play a couple of 40k games. :yar

Singleton Mosby:

Continued working on the new bases for this unit. The six for the front rank are ready. Now I need to do a couple more for each of the other ranks to show some ‘tiles’ underneath the ashen rubble.

Here’s the front rank on its bases. No grasses and such yet as I have to improve the modles themselves with some more highlighting and detail first. The Sorcerer only has a basecoat so he isn’t attached to his.

Singleton Mosby:

It has been some time since I last finished anything for my CD army. I am still working on my new Magma cannon and a unit of 6 Bull Centaurs.

I today, however, managed to finish my first wolf for my Khans.

Here’s the beast.

bas_2312:

Ooh! I like the splishy splashy water! Very cool :slight_smile:

Mad Dave:

Really nice bases and the water looks good on the last pic :))

DAGabriel:

Really nice Death Dwarfs of Krieg thread, keep them coming.

Singleton Mosby:

Ooh! I like the splishy splashy water! Very cool :)

bas_2312
Thanks a lot for the kind words guys :hat off

The splashy effect was some sort of tryout for something I am planning to do with a Bretonnian regiment of Men-at-arms. That will have something to do with a 'splash' in mid-air...a cannonball and some limbs and stuff :D

Kera foehunter:

I love the big boy Restaurant flooring you used on your guys!! it make me want to get a big boy burger Off to get me a burger .

Bolg:

I’m looking forward to meet them on the battle field tomorrow (:

Singleton Mosby:

Just a small pic of my Blunderbusses in action against a horde of ghouls. With the Bull Centaurs getting into position to strike at the undead flank.

Singleton Mosby:

It has been quite some time since I last painted anything for my army and even though I’ve plenty a thing to finish I thought it was about time to make some new bases.

During a tournament someone didn’t agree with my Magma cannon being able to fire over the Dwarves. A well, now it can.

Also made two bases for the Death Shriekers and two trays for two small units of fireglaives.

As you can see I am going to try some snow (and molten snow) on my bases as they were now a bit too dark. Looks better for real then it does in the pics btw.

Not sure what to do next. Finish my unit of Bull Centaurs or convert 20 Fireglaives (put bayonets and axes underneath Blunderbusses).

Kera foehunter:

I love the base for your canon, i like the red lava in the cracks make it look very real

BABIS:

nice army!!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Singleton Mosby:

Thanks for the nice words. I continued with the snow on the bases as I hope to tie the army together in this way:

Next to that I’ve been converting some Blunderbusses into Fireglaives. I need about 14-17 of them for two units of 10 (the others can be command). At the moment I have 8.

The conversion is rather simple but I think it will work. I cut the lower part of the blunderbuss (that was painfull to do) and inserted the upper part of a halbard, the blade and part of the stave. Next greenstuffing the whole thing again.

Pics will follow soon. :hat off

Singleton Mosby:

At the moment I am painting 4000 points of Death Korps of Krieg but when they arrived I couldn’t resist to give my blunderbusses this little piece of ‘film-effect’. They are detachable as I only want to use them when I fire the blunderbusses.

Yodrin:

Wow, thats sweet!! Great work;)