[Archive] The Golden Hat

Hashut’s Blessing:

aw man! I cant enter this competition. I dont own a single BFSP model and there is very little chance I can get one:(

The Raven
http://www.bwbits.com/product/80-0127 There's your answer!

Warcaster_Wyatt:

I might make one (im a lazy person) and im not that great at painting… are conversions of the cannon crew allowed?

Xander:

Only one of the 3 warriors with a shield is acceptable. Sorry.

Warcaster_Wyatt:

ok thats fine I was just wondering (that engineer looks like he would be fun to convert) I guess I’ll save him for another day… (possibly for conversions thread):wink:

Spawn:

Well NOW i realize i shouldnt have posted my model anywhere…there goes my guys that are mostly done…

Spawn

Xander:

Same thing happened to me. :confused:

Revlid:

Done my Chaos Dwarf, taken my pics, am now formatting them for entry.

Everyone can always use another Earthshaker, especially one so nice as Xander’s. :slight_smile:

Ellimist:

Working on my entry as we speak!

Revlid:

Desperately retaking non-crubbish pictures. :hat off

Guildenstern:

Ok, my situation looks like this:

I’m German but currently I’m in UK. I have left all my colors and tools in Germany.

I try to get a dwarf - must it be exactly this one or is every dwarf from the bfsp box?

I have no sculpting tool, at all. I think I will take one of these colour starter sets + GS (of course) + tool. I won’t be able to kitbash anything.

Maybe I will not even start with these thing because I’m in UK to study.

Could someone support me with anything basic?

I’m not sure if here is a shop. Sometimes these shops have a local player group and maybe somebody will borrow me his colours. (Well, how many colour will I need? Not much for a tiny dwarf!)

Warhammer background.

I’m woodelf. I abominate dwarfs. My second army is empire. Actually I retired from this hobby, when 6th edition was released but WHFB could be an adiction.

If this single CD conversion is good I will start to us my whole (!) BFSP box for a CD army with a lot of Hobbos and the Orks from 6th Ed. will become part of the CD army, too.

You have to explain me than, which kind of orks are allowed in CD lists :wink:

Probably I will sale the CDs then because I really abominate all dwarfs. I’m quite tall in real life. Maybe that is the reason :wink:

The Flying Beaver:

We want the entry to be one of the dwarf warriors from the BFSP box with hand weapon and shield, preferably the one shown. You’d better hurry with your entry if you want to enter though, the deadline is Saturday!

Guildenstern:

Oh…

I haven’t realized that! I thought everybody starts on 1. April :confused:

well, I found out that here is a GW shop. But it is really unlikely that I can do everything on one weekend.

The Flying Beaver:

Nope, the deadline for entries is March 31st, and voting begins on April 1st. Sorry Guildenstern.

Patsy02:

Hot damn! I just registered and wasn’t even aware that there was a contest!

I’ll get a cracking immediately, expect pictures later today.:exclamation:

Guildenstern:

My real problem will be to borrow a digicam.

Sculpting and painting could be done within one day…

OK, maybe the colour will still be wet, when I make my Pics.

But I have the whole Saturday left.

Is the deadline 12:00pm GMT or Canadian time?

Revlid:

Entry sent, with old pics, since I’m going on holiday like, now.

See you guys in a week! :cheers

Hashut’s Blessing:

12pm wherever you live I think. And the poll will be up from April 1st of whomsoever puts the poll up with the pictures. You send your pictures to The Flying Beaver or Xander in a private message, DO NOT POST IT ON THE BOARDS!

Guildenstern:

Well, they don’t have a dwarf for me, only a whole box :0

Hence I will not enter the contest. But I’m looking for your results!

Perturabo:

I’m not going to be able to enter either. I can’t get hold of a camera that can take in-focus pics of something that small. I’m not too happy about this, as I’ve just today finished my first Chaos Dwarf, made following Xanders video guide.

EDIT: I’ve just noticed that my phone takes better close-ups than the camera I tried. They’re far from fabulous, but I’ll see if I can get a decent painted shot.

Guildenstern:

Perturabo, try a this:

Put a white or uni-color cardbord behind the mini. The Digicam will probably focus the card board but because it it close to the dwarf it will become a acceptable picture