[Archive] The Gorgon from Beast of Chaos is a creation by the Chaos Dwarfs?

Henroth:

The Gorgon is a bull metallic and enveloped in fire, then… :~

… then the Gorngon from Beast of Chaos is a creation of the Chaos Dwarfs?

Which is you opinion?

Thommy H:

Probably not. If that is what it is, then I don’t see how it’s any more a creation of the Chaos Dwarfs than a Juggernaut of Khorne. Plus, Beastmen live in the forests of the Old World and have no infrastructure to speak of - I don’t see how they could have bought an invention from the Chaos Dwarfs in enough quantities for it to be a regular part of their armies. I expect the Gorgon is just another Chaos creature of some kind.

Grimstonefire:

@Henroth

It obvious why they would include a 'gor’gon, but are you saying they’re doing it as a flaming mechanical bull?

Aside from the fact that it would make an AWESOME taurus (if a little big perhaps), I thought it would be based more on snakes?  That’s the impression I aways get when I think of them.

If this is as it sounds, there are a couple reasons why it could be made by the CD:

For instance; the juggernaut is left unclear I think whether the CD could make them, but in warhammer technology where they make iron boars it’s fairly obvious imo.

It sounds like a bull, which is a CD theme.

Actually, a flaming mechanical bull that turns people into stone sounds like it really should be in a Chaos Dwarf army!?

Overall I wouldn’t understand why GW could think this would be a gorgon, but please let them release a model like this!!! :smiley:

Thommy H:

Warhammer Gorgons are like D&D Gorgons - metallic bulls with poisonous breath, rather than the actual Greek Gorgon (which D&D calls a Medusa).

Border Reiver:

Thommy you stole my response.

Grimstonefire:

Like this then from D&D (I think)

I’m really looking forwards to seeing this now! :smiley:

Hazkar:

sound like a must-have to me
when is it comming out?at the same time as the army book or later?

Grimstonefire:

It’s still in the ‘will it even exist’ rumours stage at the moment.

No artwork has been seen, so I don’t know if Revlid’s rumours summary is accurate or not.

The model won’t be released for a while, it could be years away. Nobody knows yet.

Warhammerman:

Beastmen are all the way in the forests of the Old World and if they even exist in the Darklands I doubt they could pay the chaos dwarfs for such a magnificent instrument of war.

cornixt:

There is always room for “A Chaos Dwarf went here for this reason and stayed there and did that” to make sufficient ‘Gorgons’ to be a rare choice, as common as a steam tank.

Warhammerman:

Yeah it is possible, but it would be a far stretch.

Henroth:

Probably not. If that is what it is, then I don't see how it's any more a creation of the Chaos Dwarfs than a Juggernaut of Khorne. Plus, Beastmen live in the forests of the Old World and have no infrastructure to speak of - I don't see how they could have bought an invention from the Chaos Dwarfs in enough quantities for it to be a regular part of their armies. I expect the Gorgon is just another Chaos creature of some kind.

Thommy H
Well, the Beasts of Chaos they can pay with slaves, many slaves.

Old Painless:

Thought you might like this. I just bought a GORGON on ebay its an old TSR figure from 1985.

This is a better picture than the one I posted earlier.

Piccolo:

nice model, i would give it bigger horns though (maybe with a little help from green stuff:hat)

starscream:

I think what you are referring to as the BoC “Gorgon” is actually the “Razorgor”. Think of a slightly chaotic, huge smiley Puumba and you are pretty much there.

Baggronor:

Think of a slightly chaotic, huge smiley Puumba and you are pretty much there.
:o

If it is a metal bull monster, I still doubt it will be CD-made, it doesn't fit. I can't see Beastmen making the journey to the Darklands to purchase such a machine, and I definitely don't think the CDs would see them as worth visiting. Do Beasts even comprehend the notion of trading? Seems too civilised to me. I think they just take whatever they can from whoever they can.