[Archive] The grand works have begun!

khedyarl:

Thar she blows.  Still have a lot of work to do, obviously, but she’s starting to give shape.  The swirl of skulls and bones from the Lamassu’s hands are supposed to be a spell - and hopefully when I’m able to create/attach the second hand it’ll be a bit clearer, because then I’ll be able to sculpt some swirly magics coming from the hand to the bones.

To do list:  magnetise the throne, convert the rider (slightly), make right hand, attach right hand, sculpt more magic, attach model to base, paint!

moogoodoo:

Look really cool

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

RichardC1967:

is that a re-cast of the Raging Heroes Manticore/Lammasu head?..I just bought one(the whole Manticore/Lammasu model) from an independant seller online, and the Lammasu head is yellow like that, but the rest of the miniature is grey resin…

khedyarl:

It might be? I got it from a guy online - I’ve never seen one with a different coloured resin, so I’m not sure if it is or not.

Here’s the question: How do I sculpt the hands/spell to make it look like its coming from him, rather than just him landing on a bizzare shaped pile of bones and skulls?

Karring:

Here's the question:  How do I sculpt the hands/spell to make it look like its coming from him, rather than just him landing on a bizzare shaped pile of bones and skulls?

khedyarl
I think with only painting the pile and the palms with a "mistic colour", like purple or blue (better purple = death), it should be cool.
Anyways, you could make an union between hands and the pile with Green Stuff, and sculpt it like fire or something like that.

Animatone:

Looks good… What base are you using in that picture?

Da Crusha:

the conversion looks pretty cool. I would turn the palm slightly to make it look like he is casting the spell. perhaps move the cloud part of it in front of him so that it is projecting from him rather than him passing it up.

as far as it being a recast, i believe it is. when mine came in from RH the resin was light grey. also, on the website I have seen a box of manticores on sprue and they were also grey.

zobo1942:

Cool!

This is the first lamassu conversion I’ve seen using the new FW model for the body, and it looks great! It also looks like the Raging Heroes head works well too, scale-wise.

Well done!

theforgefather:

Really good job!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Zuh-Khinie:

Reminds me of Discoking’s avatar/pic. Cool conversion…

Ender SpiteSworn:

Wow that looks amazing… Get to Work!

thrawn:

i like it so far!

the pose on the FW great taurus is tricky i think cause it’s like stomping downwards with it’s front legs, i think they could have made it look cooler if it was rearing up on it’s back legs!

also, do you prefer the lammasu over the taurus? i think the taurus is more powerful and probably a better choice, but i do agree, the lammasu is way cooler, and just on astetics i would prefer it too.

khedyarl:

The Taurus is almost always going to be the better choice, I’ve pretty much come to terms with that. :stuck_out_tongue: That said, I love the Lamassu. I absolutely adore the concept of a wizard riding a wizard, neither of which knows who is fully in control.

I just opened an army blog, so any other questions about the Lamassu can probably just be shoved over there so that I don’t clog up too much board space.

Thanks for the comments, guys. It’s keeping me going.

Ugly Green Trog:

Really love your use of the Raging Heroes “Sheddu” head. I’m gonna be less ambitious with mine and just have a cinderbreath and a rh lamassu and magnetise the throne for both if possible!