[Archive] The Hall of Mutterings

Grimbold Blackhammer:

The Age of Ruin brought suffering and devastation to all the lands of the world.  Even the hardy Dwarfs of the Blasted Plains only barely endured.  Much was lost in those many dark years - generations of Dwarfs stolen by famine, war, and the un-natural cullings brought from the Immortal Realms.  Precious artifacts were lost, edifices broken, and many brave Dwarfs buried in nameless tombs with their deeds stolen from history.  The Hall of Mutterings was established by Kemrab - Curator of Runes, to save the honor of the past so that it may be passed on to future generations.  And he is credited with having preserved much of the old knowledge in many of the most ancient of Citadels.

Tales are told of the wisest of Dwarf-kind who are allowed into the hidden chambers of the Halls.  They say great stone tablets line every wall telling the history of the world.  It is a place of wonder where the courage and wisdom of the ages is guarded by the spirits of the old to guide the living.  They are a testament to those who came before and a warning to those who would abandon their sense of caution.  It is difficult to say if these stories are true however because to many, the Hall of Mutterings is little more than a room full of drunk Dwarfs telling each other stories all day long…

WELCOME TO THE HALL OF MUTTERINGS

This is a place to discuss all facets of the Infernal Dwarfs - the progression of my army list, the best tactics our kind have to offer, and why we are the coolest army with the best toys!  Hopefully we can turn a few of these Army List threads into somethign which considers different tactics and how the armies can be used against different opponents.  To these ends, any questions would be really helpful!

Grimbold Blackhammer:

My current list which I’ve been having plenty of success with…

Overlord (General) - Ogre Sword, Shield, Bluffer’s Helm, Sprout of Rebirth, Potion of Swiftness

Vizier (BSB) - Axe of Battle, Hardened Shield, Talisman of Greater Shielding riding a Bull of Shamut

Hobgoblin Chieftain - Light Lance, Throwing Weapons, Shield, Armor of Fortune riding a Wolf

20 Slave Orcs

20 Slave Orcs

30 Hobgoblins w/ Musician - Bows & Shields

30 Hobgoblins w/ Musician - Bows & Shields

12 Citadel Guard w/ Musician & Standard Bearer - Flintlock Axes

20 Immortals w/ full Command - Infernal Weapons & Gleaming Icon

Titan Mortar

Titan Mortar

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower

Kadim Titan

And here’s a meager Dwarf’s attempt at video editing…

9th Age Battle Report - Highborn Elves vs Infernal Dwarfs - YouTube

Ghrask Dragh:

Just watched the first couple of mine and must say I’m looking forward to watching the rest whilst painting tonight (hopefully)

Grimbold Blackhammer:

We were so busy getting the V2.0 rules out that I haven’t played a whole lot of games lately.  But with a few under my belt, I’m now ready bring out the bat reps again!  Here’s my latest - Infernal Dwarfs vs Vampire Covenant!  Enjoy!!

Battle Report Here!