[Archive] The Herdstone has fallen

Carcearion:

After getting excited to finally start on my beastmen army soon I decided to wander over and see how our allies where doing over at The Headstone - and it looks like there forum has been removed! :frowning:

I knew the forum was preeeettyyy sluggish over there but I hadnā€™t expected to find the site down. Anyone know what all happened?

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

After getting excited to finally start on my beastmen army soon I decided to wander over and see how our allies where doing over at The Headstone - and it looks like there forum has been removed! :(

I knew the forum was preeeettyyy sluggish over there but I hadn't expected to find the site down. Anyone know what all happened?

Carcearion
Druchii.net has been very very slow as well. Lustria is ... thriving, haha and we're hanging there, right?

tjub:

I guess Facebook along with the whole Photobucket thing killed a lot of forums. FB is great for discussions and quick info like events etc, but a forum a lot better as a base of information IMO. But I guess we will see what happens, Id assume the trend is going down for us as well. All AoS and KoW talk is done of FB, CDO serves more of a ā€œnostalgic club for older membersā€ Im afraid. :hat off

HPN:

Bad to hear. I have always seen faction forums as invaluable tools, maybe not much about game itself, but for modellism ideas and lore.

I think it would be almost impossible to reproduce the evergrowing mass of contents of a forum on a facebook page. :frowning:

Malorndk:

Iā€™m still around occasional, mainly due to the photobucket fuckery, but also because of kids, work and reduced hobby time. But I think our forum is way more ā€œimportantā€ than fx druchii.net, due to CD always being a niche army, so I canā€™t just google a ton of information about Chaos Dwarf outside of this site. Without CDO no one would easily know about how the players handled the forgotten years (Fx the time in 7th ed, after the hellcannon release, with BOSP conversions). If Druchii.net went down tomorrow I would still have sufficient Dark Elf info to survive. If CDO disappeared next years I would actually lack a lot of info.

That being said, facebook is a great tool for larger communities. Middlehammer trading post is fantastic :wink:

Willmark:

Its like anything TBQH, things go in cycles.

I think a lot of people despair at the demise of WFB without really understanding that not much has really changed. GW never cared about anyone other than how many $ would the person pony up.

To me, all my books till work, so do my miniatures. Until people can make that leap then they will continue to see the game as dead and hence forums.