[Archive] The new Chaos Dwarfs have now small horns, you like theme?

Nicodemus:

I do liek the idea of full on horns are a form of ''blessing''

nitroglysarine
Yeah, same here. Much the same as the tusks, or cloven hoof feet, or being partly transformed into a bull, a la Bull Centaur Style, etc etc.

Cutaneous horns are a favourite of the Chaos Gods ;)

~N

AssurBahniZharr:

I was honestly not ready for horns…i just prefer tusks. Butr it makes sense with BG so i suppose i must accept horns as a blessing:D

But i like the big hat and the rocket-backpack on this engeneerXD

Do you think that unlike FW rules for 40K, some new rules from WF could apply to GW official games?

wallacer:

I don’t mind them. They make them look more Chaosy.

cornixt:

I’m fine with the horns, having them on every model might be a bit too much though.

Vash:

i had my doubts at first but after seeing more and more it looks pretty good.

Da Crusha:

I like the horns a lot! its a nice new twist without changing the character completely.

Murdock129:

Well do we know they all have horns, so far only the Engineer and Crew have them, who knows if warriors will or not

Henroth:

Well, the true is that to my also I like these horns that the Chaos Dwarfs take now, I see it as a bendition or Hashut’s sing.

clam:

The horns are okay - I just don’t hope that every single one will have them. But judged from the concepts - Loki so kindly gave us - I think it’s going to be their signature item :~

- but then again the are so small that they will go off easily.

secret apprentice:

Don’t forget that this is one of the best things about being a chaos dwarf player! Conversion is a daily part of the hobby for us. Some will love the horns and some will not. All will do with them what they want to, to make their models fit their imaginings of what chaos dwarfs should look like.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

But judged from the concepts - Loki so kindly gave us - I think it's going to be their signature item :~

clam
I seem to be too stupid for it.. I have been looking for the concepts ever since Loki announced to have them on Sunday, but have not seen them anywhere. Can you pls point me to the post with them? Pleeeeeeasse?

Xander:

I like the horns a lot! its a nice new twist without changing the character completely.

Da Crusha
This. :)

Valrim:

I like the horns. They are chaos dwarfs after all… And I would consider them gifts just like nitroglysarine…

Kered:

I’m not too fond of them, horns are beasts of chaos territory to me.

nitroglysarine:

don’t really consider stumps a gift.

full blown ones however (or sworn off ones like Hellboy perhaps)

apocalypstia:

not a big fan of the horns myself, most likely if i ever get them, wouldnt take them off and definately be adding more prominent tusks, not all that is chaosy needs horns to cool. They dont look too bad… probably just nostalgia getting in the way.

but hey, tis progress nonetheless… now it might be less of fight to use chaos dwarfs locally so that could be a big bonus.

Thorne:

Mine certainly wont be getting all horny thats for sure.

Firehammer:

I prefer tusks and bigger noses. Will probably try to convert them that way.

Thorgar:

I dont really like the way the noses are modeled on these minis, though seeing as how WF is basing these new minis on an alternate/or future timeline (the end times) I guess the CDs have evolved a bit, new blessings.

Nicodemus:

All this being said, pros and cons… tusks came from where, exactly (thematically-speaking)? The horns fit perfectly with the Bull-headed God Hashut. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve liked the tusks… but if I were to be totally objective tusks seem more of a boar’s thing, rather than a blessing that would be given by a Bull-headed God.