[Archive] The Old Wolfrider

DAGabriel:

He was old and tired, his hands and arms twitched from an old head injury and years of strong drink.

Once he had been a fine warrior riding on a wolf and harassing foes with his bow, but soon he would be useless and probably offered to Hashut.

It was a sunny if chilly morning when the Master eyed him with a malicious glint in his eyes and spoke, “Can’t you stop waving your arms around like that?”

“Sorry Master, I�?� I can’t”, he stammered.

“We will sow the fields soon, but this year there seems to be an abundance of crows. They will steal the seeds if we can’t do a thing about it.”

“Mm�?�Master?” the old hobgoblin said.

“Let`s put those offensive twitches to some good use”, the Master said.

From that day the old hobgoblin stood on the field with his arms twitching about �?" and he did so until he fell dead between the green wheat shoots greeting the sun.

Admiral:

Great short story! This calls for a terrain piece… :wink:

Dînadan:

Great short story! This calls for a terrain piece... ;)

Admiral
Next Artisan's/GH theme? ;)

Bloodbeard:

I voted for this as it made a huge impression on me. The minute I find an old door mat I’m making a wheat field with a hobgoblin in it.

Admiral:

Next Artisan's/GH theme? ;)

Dînadan
No, but certainly next AC theme after the upcoming End Times marathon. :)

Now I also need to find a door mat...

Dînadan:

Admiral
Try in front of various doors...

;P

Mivrash Faz:

I voted for this as it made a huge impression on me. The minute I find an old door mat I'm making a wheat field with a hobgoblin in it.

Bloodbeard
You could "borrow" your nieghbour's doormat, and "forget" to return it;)

Mivrash Faz:

This one was my favourite. It really demonstrated the cruelty of the Dawi Zharr IMO. :cheers

MadHatter:

Admiral
Try in front of various doors...

;P

Dînadan
:cheers

Admiral:

Haha, such cleptomaniac advice! :smiley:

Here’s a fluff piece inspired a lot by this very story.