[Archive] THE PLEDGE(1)

WORGORE:

So after many hours of looking at everybody else’s work on this great site. Here goes my first attempt at showing you guys some of my painting attempts…

I like many of you have piles of unpainted mini’s and i’m always wondering what army to do next…

Well i have always fancied a go at a Chaos Dwarf army and with Forge World’s beautiful models a thought was born…

But to avoid just another undercoated army, I’ve chosen to set myself…'THE PLEDGE’

This will consist of the following rules…

I’m not allowed to buy or prepare another model until the previous one is complete.

After completion of each model/unit i must list the item on a well known auction site for 30 days at a ‘Buy it now’ price.

Fingers crossed they do not sell straight away, but if they do at least it will help fund an otherwise very expensive army…

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

WORGORE:

So here is the first model, Mr Hellsmith…

WORGORE:

And this is how he turned out…

Da Crusha:

that is a very nicely painted model. good luck.

Kera foehunter:

Well i wish you luck on your pledge Sweetie

if you fail you could always become a slayer :slight_smile:

Dr.Mojo:

I love how the model turned out, as raw as that paint stlyle of yours may look, I like it a lot. On the other hand, I haven’t understood that ‘pledge’ thingie… Are you creating a CD army or are you painting CDs to sell?

Abecedar:

Good idea and I hope you’ll be able to keep to your ‘pledge’, not like me and all of my news year’s resolutions

NoisyAssassin:

I too am confused by what you are trying to do with your pledge. Very nice start with the smith though.

Admiral:

Isn’t it economically unsound to order the army piecemeal? I would always see to minimize postage costs. Anyhow, that painting is fine enough, and I like the scheme.

WORGORE:

that is a very nicely painted model. good luck.

Da Crusha
Thank you on both counts.
Well i wish you luck on your pledge Sweetie
if you fail you could always become a slayer :)

Kera foehunter
mmmm an orange Mohawk for christmas may ruin family photos, so i'd better not fail!
I love how the model turned out, as raw as that paint stlyle of yours may look, I like it a lot. On the other hand, I haven't understood that 'pledge' thingie... Are you creating a CD army or are you painting CDs to sell?

Dr.Mojo
Sorry did not intend to confuse. I am aiming to create a CD army. Just that if i sell a few models along the way to fund the army then all well and good!
Good idea and I hope you'll be able to keep to your 'pledge', not like me and all of my news year's resolutions

Abecedar
I hope so to, thought posting about it would only help when i start to stray off track....
I too am confused by what you are trying to do with your pledge. Very nice start with the smith though.

NoisyAssassin
Thanks, i know it sounds daft to sell what is painted, so how will i ever have an army?? But it is only up for sale for a limited time and not a traditional auction as it's a 'Buy it now' price. So no offers, no getting it at 99p. Just plain old, you want it, then pay up! I cannot imagine they will sell everytime, but say they did i think once the potential army was paid for i would stop offering them up. Hope that clears up some of the grey areas.
Isn't it economically unsound to order the army piecemeal? I would always see to minimize postage costs. Anyhow, that painting is fine enough, and I like the scheme.

Admiral
Thanks, that thought also crossed my mind when starting this. But Forge World postage is always 12% of what you buy. so that rules out buying in bulk as it saves me nothing.

WORGORE:

Well as i was looking over the Forge World website wondering what to order next. Somebody only went and bought the Hellsmith:o

Bit quicker than i expected, but hey ho.  So it at least made my mind up about what to order…

So hopefully very soon i should be receiving…

:cheers

Kera foehunter:

Kera smiles… a pledge don’t count if you have less than 10 figures…

the mob start to Gather the chant starts : more !!! MORE mORE

WORGORE:

:o

Well then i had better get my finger out, or paint brush out in this case…

After these 3, plans are a foot for a 30 strong unit of IG…

:hat off

WORGORE:

Without any further ado here are the 3 Daemonsmiths…

WORGORE:

And the 3 of them with their backs turned…

WORGORE:

Think it is time to man up now and do a unit…:o

ViLe:

really good idea to put them high on the rocks because i always have problems with these models fitting into a fireglaive unit. Propably you should keep that system if you plan to buy the FW fireglaive guys. If you put them on different levels they will fit better together i guess.

And of course, good paintjob. :wink:

Kera foehunter:

Think it is time to man up now and do a unit...:o

WORGORE
I second that:P