[Archive] the "real cost" of chaos dwarves

Method:

i was wondering what you all thought of how much should the REAL pricing of chaos dwarves go on the secondary market?

i have a friend who is getting ready to sell his, and i told him of the scam pricing of ebay.

how much could you guys safely say is reasonable for both buyer and seller?

trying to steer this guy straight.

thanks!!

Clthomps:

post a picture of what he has we will be able to tell you, or just buy it :wink:

Servius:

depends on what he has… 3rd, 4th, converted?  if 4th i would say:
Considering good condition in primed or untouched.

$10 to $15 for 10 Plastic Warriors
$30 to $40 for 10 Pewter Warriors
$30 to $40 for 10 Pewter Blunderbusses
$15 to $20 for 5 Bull Centaurs add another $5 if full command is included.
$15 to $20 for Earthshaker
$10 to $15 for Death Rocket or Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower
$35 to $50 for 10 Hobgoblin Warriors (they are pretty rare… easily the rarest in the range…)
$30 to $40 for 10 Hobgoblin wolf riders.
$30 to $40 for 10 Hobgoblin Archers.
$25 to $35 for 10 Sneaky Gitz
Characters between $15 and $30
Taurus and Lammasu… $40 to $60

I feel that is fair… its the extent of what i would be willing to pay.

Kera foehunter:

wow !! that"s great pricing servis !! i like that list that probley would be what i would pay to

Obsidian:

Ofcourse he should offer his Chaos Dwarfs here first! :wink:

Ghrask Dragh:

$10 to $15 for 10 Plastic Warriors
$15 to $20 for 5 Bull Centaurs add another 5 if full command is included.
$15 to $20 for Earthshaker

Servius
Granted I haven't looked for Chaos Dwarfs on ebay for a while so I'm not sure what they go for on there nowdays, but 10 of the old plastics for £5 - £10 pound is a friggin bargin, an Earthshaker for £10 - £15 :o this is an out of production metal cannon, GW sell the plastic dwarf cannon for £12.

I think that is a bit too in favour of the buyer. (IMO)

Viskar Zhragoth:

Have to agree. Servius, if you are selling at those prices, I’m buying…

From what I’ve seen the prices are quite a bit more everywhere I have looked…most figs are selling at a premium, and you’ve basically listed the old retail prices (Bull Centaurs were 5.99 each back in 93!) and the Taurus, Lammasu, and Earthshaker were $30. I’d expect them to start at $40 now.

And while noone is legally making these little guys anymore, they are harder and harder to find. So they go for more.

Of course, BFSP and conversions have become the standard…but there are plenty of people looking for them. My suggestion is to watch ebay for a bit, put them on here and ask more (specific) questions. And make them available here first, you’ll find the true fans here…

Willmark:

Prices much like anything are what the market will bear and the demand for said item. CDs on eBay are waaaaaay out of whack with their true costs. I think Servius has a good handle on price as to what they REALLY should cost, not what they are going for now on vultureBay.

Captain Crayon:

I wish i found this forum before i spent way too much on ebay for my chaos dwarfies :stuck_out_tongue:

ah well such is life.

It has not diminished my love for the little big hat guys :smiley:

Ghrask Dragh:

I agree they should cost less than they go for on vulturebay, but still not this low.

Willmark:

Prices much like anything are what the market will bear and the demand for said item.

Willmark
;)

Servius:

I based alot of my pricing on 3 factors.

1: Retail price of Last available time from GW

2: Rarity of the Piece

3: Depreciation of Like ranges as exampled on ebay.

Ok, #1: Alot of the range was available through bits up until their close… namely Sneaky Gitz the Hob Hero on Wolf, Blunderbusses, Bull Centaurs, etc. Some were not but were available though either other online sellers or at brick and mortars in backstock namely the Bull Taurus, Characters, and Plastic Warriors.

#2: Some things such as the Hobgoblin Warriors and Bowmen are very rare as their mold was destroyed in a fire and they were for a long time a very sought after goblin model from GW… I remember at least 2 or 3 armies from years past that used them as regular goblins. While some other things are pretty much dime a dozen on ebay, Btown and other places. Namely the Earthshaker & Bull Centaurs.

#3: Depreciation I don’t care what the heck it is. If your paying above retail or inflated retail on ebay or another auction site your are not doing it right… (no offense this is just my opinion.), and reinforcing the inflation of the market. Because right now on ebay if you don’t sell and item your out some pretty hefty cash. an average auction costs $4 USD at the moment… and more for reserve and buy it now. So after something fails to sell your only option is relisting it at a lower price and hoping. Back on track. If I was to take a similar era line such as lets say Dogs of War… I found 3 places online and 2 auctions on ebay that were selling 10 Vespero’s Vendetta for under $20 USD.

What drives sales is what willmark says…“What the Market will bear” The problem is with the consumer not the providers… Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay…

I am not going to pay retail or Inflated Retail. And I personally don’t feel that anyone should. On anything.

Simply saying something is worth more because its rare and being willing to pay an inflated price in my opinion can be sum’ed up in one word.

Fail

Auretious Taak:

I clicked this thread because from the forum overviews it read ‘The “Real price” of Chaos’ and of course didn’t have the dwarves bit showing so my thoughts here to post were going to be:

Unless you worship slaanesh, all that entirely concealing chaos armour is doing nothing for the wenching is it now, that’s the REAL price of chaos!

lol.

Severius, it may be Fail in your eyes but at least it hasn’t reached PHAIL or EPIC PHAIL yet. So there’s still hope yet.

Auretious Taak.

Willmark:

I thing Servius needs some slaves for that wanders off to the slave pen

Method:

he set them up for 11 cd warriors for 25$ i think.

a little more that 2 bucks per… not bad, for ebay…

Servius:

The Auctions are here…

http://myworld.ebay.com/vardenleah/

cornixt:

The prices people paid on Ebay a couple of years ago were ridiculous, more than twice the price of getting them from GW were they were still available. It was almost a precursor to the recent fuel prices, people were paying that much because they thought they would be worth even more in the future, even though they weren’t worth that much at the time.

Method:

price reduced to 20 bucks for 11 guys…

The prices people paid on Ebay a couple of years ago were ridiculous, more than twice the price of getting them from GW were they were still available. It was almost a precursor to the recent fuel prices, people were paying that much because they thought they would be worth even more in the future, even though they weren’t worth that much at the time.

cornixt

Willmark:

The prices people paid on Ebay a couple of years ago were ridiculous, more than twice the price of getting them from GW were they were still available. It was almost a precursor to the recent fuel prices, people were paying that much because they thought they would be worth even more in the future, even though they weren't worth that much at the time.

cornixt
I don't think you'll get any disagreement on that. For my own self I've said as much, especially here: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5499

One of my finer rants if I do say so myself! ;)