[Archive] The Return of Slaves, Medals and the Chat!

Xander:

You can’t keep a Chaos Dwarf down! We are slowly coming back! The slaves, medals and chat should now be functioning again! :hat off

I will now be turning my efforts to the Wiki. :slight_smile:

On a related note, those bizarre errors for threads not existing seem to have ceased, which is great, because I had no idea how I was going to fix them. :stuck_out_tongue: Remember, if you notice something isn’t working, report it here.

Cheers, :cheers
-Xander

Willmark:

Xander on behalf of the community thanks for getting everything back in place. I’d giive you some slaves but… Hmmmm how about a cyber beer :cheers:

Xander:

No reward necessary!

As a side note: we also seem to be having an issue with spam accounts signing up. I am going to see what I can do to prevent this. They don’t seem to be able to make any posts, thankfully.

EDIT: I have installed a plugin which will delete members who have 0 posts, if they do not post within a week. This will no doubt drastically reduce our membership, but the only people left will be people who have posted, so it will be better overall. Newsflash to all your lurkers! Better post at least once!

Willmark:

What? You mean our latest member “BuyViagara” isnt really a member???

Xander:

Yes, that is correct. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh dear. o_o

It seems the pluggin I added had some other features that removed old users who had been inactive. I wonder if I can recover those. :S

The pluggin should be working correctly now, though.

greenskin:

Yes, that is correct. :P

Oh dear.  o_o

It seems the pluggin I added had some other features that removed old users who had been inactive.  I wonder if I can recover those. :S

Xander
Ack!

I have really done it! Who makes a pluggin like this that starts activated! I didn't even get a change to modify the settings, it just removed a bunch of people! :S I wonder if I can restore just a Member Table for the database or something. Ugh, this suck.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Calm down, greenskin. Consider everything that Mr. Xander has actually done and how successfully he has performed everything. It was an unexpected occurence and he’s said that he’s trying to sort it out. Well done for getting everything back up so far, Mr. Xander.

Grimstonefire:

We don’t need to worry about losing lurkers with 0 post count.  If they want to contribute they should post something :wink:

wallacer:

Good news about the slave system working again, in particular.

begins jangling keys to the slave pens

Xander:

Yes, that is correct. :P

Oh dear. o_o

It seems the pluggin I added had some other features that removed old users who had been inactive. I wonder if I can recover those. :S

Xander
Ack!

I have really done it! Who makes a pluggin like this that starts activated! I didn't even get a change to modify the settings, it just removed a bunch of people! :S I wonder if I can restore just a Member Table for the database or something. Ugh, this suck.

greenskin
Haha, HB. That was me! Greenskin was a member that was deleted. I was trying to see if I registered another account with the same name if it would reactivate. It seems it did not.

The 0 post count members where the ones I wanted to remove, but by default, it removed many members who had been inactive for more than 90 days. Members such as Nemo, were deleted this way. :/

I think I can restore the User table to the saved database I have, but all new users since we came back online would have to re-register. WHat do you think? :/

EDIT: I have restored the User Table to the time of the crash. No posts or slave activity since that time will be recognized in your profile. Anyone who has signed up since we came back, please re-register!! I am sincerely sorry for the trouble!

Now I need to find where the number of members is stored, since that doesn't seem to have been updated.

clam:

So all that needs to be fixed now is the Wiki then?

Xander:

More or less, yes. There are also some SQL errors on the main page that I can’t seem to remove. :stuck_out_tongue:

Willmark:

Just comment them out again like last time…

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Haha, my slaves are back! Come 'ere you lazy maggots! whipcrack