[Archive] The second Geist knows it all challenge

TheHoodedMan:

Demons against Orcs.

A lone Nurgle beast is in a challenge with an Orc hero then gets charged by a chariot. Does it get impact hits or is it protected by the challenge? 1 Slave.

Geist:

The impact hits are the only damage that can be done by the chariot in the challenge. The charge will count for static combat res. Challenge protects against most damage expect impact hits and drifts / over shots from range.

TheHoodedMan:

Very good. Im sure after this weekend Ill have some more questions :cheers

sam585:

Geist, could you explain for me how keeping a unit such as a hobgoblin khan, 1" away from a K’daii destroyer forces the opponent to close the door? Could you make some sort of diagram that accurately shows how exactly this works?

Geist:

Geist, could you explain for me how keeping a unit such as a hobgoblin khan, 1" away from a K'daii destroyer forces the opponent to close the door? Could you make some sort of diagram that accurately shows how exactly this works?

sam585
First how many slaves is this worth?
Second I lack the ability to do diagrams.
I can answer this question but I don't work for no slaves. This is after all the challenge of me knowing all 8th Ed rules.

To show my hubris is justified I shall answer this in a pure word format and bind you to slaves equal the cost.

To force some one ti close the door to you all you need is two units, it matters not the units. All that matters is the angle on which you present when they charge you and more important the location of the unit that will play blocker.

For your question the khan is the blocker and shall be placed off to the side one inch and slightly forward. The kadai needs to be parallel to the khan, this creates two lines that are parellel to each other, but one is slighlty off set to the other. What this does is forces the other unit to make contact with the kadai first at a off angle forcing him to close the door to his best ability until he can no longer close it. Then the kadai completes the job. If you set it up correctly then the khan is never in the charge as the two lines and the charging unit should create a pocket that the khan is in that is impossible for the charging unit to make contact with.

Again no pictures as I dont have that ability. But feel free to clear up the wordiness if need be. But it's all there, just have to put it in your mind a bit to see it.

I await slaves and a more complex question.