[Archive] The Slave Maestro and his Gorgoth band

Willmark:

“And you young Skywalker, we will be watching your carrer with great interest.”

(stealing my master’s dialogue from AOTC.)

Cloister:

That’s a beautiful start to an army, can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Willmark:

Despite the fact that I’m not a fan of Big Hats that is quite the collection of min 90s minis. Well done on assembling that horde of lead, in fact have some slaves for it!

But one thing? Your spelling of your first name is wrong! From one Marc to a Mark :wink:

MC1:

Despite the fact that I'm not a fan of Big Hats that is quite the collection of min 90s minis. Well done on assembling that horde of lead, in fact have some slaves for it!

But one thing? Your spelling of your first name is wrong! From one Marc to a Mark ;)

Willmark
Thank you good sir, The Slave Maestro from Gorgoth sure enjoys expanding his slave warband!

Wow, that is embarassing. I guess I both spelled my own name wrong AND my username ;)

MC1:

A new hero joins the band. Did a light conversion for a new Daemonsmith.
The figure is a bit taller than the original big hats, but his hat is a bit smaller.

Considerations:

• Is the taurus banner figure too big?
  • Should I make this feet flatter to shorten him?
  • Should I make his nose a bit more narrow so it fits with the other guys?

What do you all think?

Really looking forward to throw some paint on this one :slight_smile:

tjub:

Oh, that is a cool conversion. What is the original model?

I dont think the banner is too high, that said I think Id shorten it a cm or so if it was mine. The Taurus on top looks great, showing that he is an high ranking officer. :slight_smile:

Id say add tusks, depending on how comfortable you are with greenstuff. Looks good, he could be an old veteran lost his tusks in battle. Captured and tortured with his tusks purpled out, now seeking revenge etc. Could very well work both ways IMO. :slight_smile:

And leave the nose as it is, people looks different as will Dawi Zharr. The painting will tie it all together.

Uther the unhinged:

He is lovely. As to the banner, if he is more important than the others then he should have a higher banner imo. I am with Tjub on the tusks, it depends how confident you are. Personally I think just one would give him the grizzled look of a veteran. The shoes are up to you. If I thought I could shave them well, I would. Whatever you do he is already great!

Hashoooot:

The big hat looks really good on the standard bearer (MoMMiniatures’ engineer, right?) - a perfect fit!

MC1:

Thanks a lot for the compliments :cheers

He will probably usually have the same rank as the others so I will follow your advice and shorten the banner pole, leaving some room to shine for when I will make my battle standard bearer. However, when I�?Tm using a Daemonsmith as a general he will be my guy.

I will have a go at the tusks. I have to improve my green stuff skills at some point!

Yeah, it�?Ts the MoMMiniatures engineer. They really do have some lovely designed figures, but unfortunately the casting quality is really really poor.

I also bought 3 golems which I will convert into magma golems representing K�?TDaai Fireborn (I�?Tm not a big fan of the FW models) and a tank I will convert into an Iron Daemon.

Zanko:

I am really curious how you will convert the mantic war machine to an Iron Daemon.

:hashut

tjub:

@MC1: Ah, too bad about the casting quality of MOM. Ive been looking at them to from time to time, making a wishlist… Love those Golems. :frowning:

@Zanko: I don’t think that’s a Mantic war machine, its MOM as well? The Mantic Steel Behemot looks like a mechanical ram.

Zanko:

Of course you’re right, the model is from MOM, how could this faux pas happen to me?! :frowning:

:hashut

MC1:

I am actually not planning any major convertions on the warmachine, but please share any ideas you might have :hat off

My ideas so far

• Big hat for driver ofc

• Remove dwarf symbols and add CD symbols

• Make cannon have the same shape as blunderbusses

Reaver of Uzkulak :

Awesome work on that converted engineer, the steampunk goggles and tall hat combination is absolutely perfect. :hat

MC1:

I finished the Daemonsmith! I shortened the bannerpole, made his feet smaller and added tusks. Green stuff is some fiddly stuff, but I think the tusks turned out ok :slight_smile:

Gargolock:

Looks great! Very nice model. I like the tusks a lot. He looks very like he will fit in well enough with the rest of your army. Excited to him painted.

tjub:

Looking good with tusks and shorter pole! :slight_smile: