[Archive] The Slave Maestro and his Gorgoth band

MC1:

Hi all

Thanks for letting me join. My name is Marc and I am from Copenhagen. I started with Warhammer as a kid 20 years ago mainly collecting a Clan Skryre army, but as I reached the teenage years other things got more important and my rats were put back on the shelves.

Recently my parents told me to get back home and do something about all those Warhammer miniatures (around 1000) because they had just been standing there collecting dust for the last 15 years. As I started selling off the miniatures I once again fell in love with Warhammer and so starts the tale of something big (or actually quite small and chubby).

I always loved the aesthetics of the big hat Chaos Dwarfs, but never actually owned any, mainly because they weren�?Tt available in my local GW store. So this time around, they were my army of choice.

As I am more of a hobbyist than a player I wanted to start small getting the Astragoth miniature which I always loved as a kid. But the Canadian collector I was trading with had a great collection I ended up with a bit bigger range of models.

It is kind of like an old school version of todays �?ostart collecting�?� boxes. I am not missing that many miniatures to have a complete collection of the big hats already.

I will be playing AoS so the Lammasu will count as Drazhoath and the Great Taurus as Shar�?Ttor if the my opponent allows.

As for my K�?Tdaai Fireborn I will be using Dragon Ogres. I guess dragons and fireborn goes hand in hand. Also they were produced in the same period as the rest of the army so aestheticly they also fit well. I will make them erupt from my magma bases and probably also give them beards and big hats :hat off

As the army would otherwise get quite expensive I will supplement with some of the Russian Alternative miniatures. I am considering using one of their Bullcentaurs as Tauruk as they are a bit bigger than the GW models. For now I picked up 30 Harquebuses (20 resin and 10 metal). I will covert their guns into blunderbuses.

I also picked up the Thunderworm cannon from Reaper Games, which I will use as my Magma Cannon. It is a bit big, but I think it will be alright. I will add some kind of magma container, maybe using the backpack from a Poison Wind Globadier. Also I will be using the mortar crew, who will be carrying a metal bucket filled with magma.

My mortar will instead have a slave ogre carrying the bomb while being whipped by a Chaos Dwarf. I will probably use the Russian Alternative model with the whip. Also I will try to build my own Hellcannon.

I don�?Tt have any of the original shields and decals, so my army will be equipped with Marauders shield, which I think fits nicely.

Finally, my army will have magma bases, so I have been out buying tons of cork and round bases.

So I have everything planned out, now I just have to get started :hat off

Ghrask Dragh:

Oh wow, what a fantastic collection to come home to

You have an amazing army there waiting already so Im really looking forward to these updates

:cheers

Admiral:

Thorough buildup of armaments and models and bases! Looking forward to see this develop. Good luck. :hat off

Uther the unhinged:

What a fantastic force to start with. I can�?Tt wait to see them up and running.

Abecedar:

Great start and Welcome.

Zanko:

Very nice miniatures you collected there! :cheers

I am looking forward to see these painted! :smiley:

:hashut

Hashoooot:

Looks like you really mean business with this project! The cannon from Reaper will do fine, I think (thanks for the tip btw - might get one myself some day!). Please keep posting!

Fuggit Khan:

Hashut be praised, what a beautiful selection of models you have!

And your choice for a magma cannon is really good, I’m looking forward to seeing it put together and painted up :hat off

Nicodemus:

Definitely off to a fantastic start!! You’ve got all the bases covered and the metal models are definitely nice to have, in my opinion. Now you’re just going to have to block off time and start painting in stages to get it all done! Keep us posted!!

~N

zobo1942:

Very nice!!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

BABIS:

good stuff you have there!

The only thing I dislike is the choice of round bases, but I must admit I am bonded with the past…

MC1:

Thank you for all your kind words! I will try to keep the posts coming, but I am a really slow collector/converter/painter x.x

So about shields…

I was originally planning on using the marauders shields for my warrior but I found some old Empire(?) bits, the skulls with a crown on them, and figured they would be a pretty good starting point for creating the CD skull with a lightning on his forehead. I think that is the symbol for the Slavemasters of Gorgoth?

I have to improve my lightning-cutting skills, but which one do you guys prefer?

/MC

Uther the unhinged:

I love marauder shields… but that skull shield is very cool. I think go with the skulls they will look great ranked up

Admiral:

Marauder shields are always a strong and good choice for CDs, but that custom converted skull shield have a great look to it! You will do fine with either of them. Probably go for skulls so that your warriors are distinctly unique in that regard. Cheers!

Bolg:

I’m a fan of those converted shields (also they are smaller so you see more of the model)
Looking forward to see how these look on round bases. So you can still play Chaos Dwarves under Age of Sigmar?

MC1:

Great, I will go with the skull shields! They also have a more old school style to them, which I really like.

@Admiral, I am really looking forward to your pirate/standard bearer kit will become available on the webshop. I am planning on picking those up as well as a two of the big hats kits for my own conversions :hat off

@Bolg, yeah they are called Legion of Azgorh. If you are curious you can find Forgeworld�?Ts compendium here: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/The-Legion-of-Azgorh-2018

By the way, how do you create those Image Salvages that collects all photos from the blog on the first page?

/MC

Gargolock:

I think that is the symbol for the Slavemasters of Gorgoth?

MC1
Yes it is. Funny enough that awesome skull shield is a perfect replica of the symbol. The Slavemasters symbol is a dark blue round shield with a cracked lightning skull in the centre. Anyways awesome conversion work. Looking forward to seeing more.

MC1:

I think that is the symbol for the Slavemasters of Gorgoth?

MC1
Yes it is. Funny enough that awesome skull shield is a perfect replica of the symbol. The Slavemasters symbol is a dark blue round shield with a cracked lightning skull in the centre. Anyways awesome conversion work. Looking forward to seeing more.

Gargolock
Thanks, a quite easy conversion aswell!
I just found this reference in one of the fan made Chaos Dwarf books. Would you say it is correct in regards to the different symbols?

Admiral:

Yes, because Thommy H is the Chaos Dwarf army book god around here. He has explored Chaos Dwarfs in greater depth than Games Workshop and Forgeworld ever did. :slight_smile:

MC1:

Yes, because Thommy H is the Chaos Dwarf army book god around here. He has explored Chaos Dwarfs in greater depth than Games Workshop and Forgeworld ever did. :)

Admiral
Great! Then I shall name my warband "The Slave Maestro and his Gorgoth band". The slaves rush forward in fear of The Slave Maestro. The "music" from his mechanical parts can be heard from miles away... Okay, okay, okay I have to work a bit on the title and fluff :idea