[Archive] The slaving party of Darkhar stoneface (2500pts)

Micge:

I wanted to make a list that showcases chaos dwarfs strenghts. I dont think its overly competitive but tough anyway:hat.

Lords 454

Chaos Dwarf Lord Zhatan Darkhand
Great Taurus
Ogre Blade, Talisman of Preservation, Dragonhelm
Heavy Armor, Shield

Heroes 399

Karthak Ironstep
Hero - BSB
Armor of Gazrakh, Sword of Might

Darkhar Stoneface
CD Hero -General (114)
armour of Gazrakh
Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the cruel
Great Weapon

Zhorg Blackleg
CD Sorcerer (150)
Level 2 shadow
Dispel Scroll

Core 716
(hobgoblins 188)

40 CDs with Great Weapons (470)
full command

24 cds (246)
full command

10 hobgoblins 20
10 hobgoblins 20
25 hobgoblins 50
25 hobgoblins 50
24 hobgoblins 48

Special 438

20 black orcs
full command shields 318

4 bolt throwers 120

Rare

5 bull centaurs
heavy armor 105

2x earthshaker 220

So let me now what you think!

Baggronor:

Nice to see someone making full use of naked Hobgoblin slaves. They really are too useful. I would combine a few of the units to get 2 blocks of 40 to really tarpit people, and then some 10s to redirect.

Maybe try 21 Blorcs in 7x3 for maximum attacks? I think it would be more efficient than 5x4. They should kick serious bum with Lore of Shadow buffs.

Not sure the Bull Centaurs are worth it. They look like an easy 105VPs to me.

Banner of Eternal Flame on one of the Warrior units? It really helps against those dirty Abominations/Hydras/Treemen.

Black Hammer of Hashut on the Taurus Lord? I think he has enough magic item allowance left (unless I’ve got the points wrong) and the look on a WE player’s face when you one-shot a Treeman is just priceless :wink:

Da Crusha:

your lord should have hammer of hashut and armour of the furnace with a shield, they almost do the exact same things as your set up except you can auto kill flammable things. you have 2 armour of ghazraks. I like the list it reminds me of my favorite list right now.

Loki:

your lord should have hammer of hashut and armour of the furnace with a shield, they almost do the exact same things as your set up except you can auto kill flammable things. you have 2 armour of ghazraks. I like the list it reminds me of my favorite list right now.

Da Crusha
Good looking list i am with Da Crusha just tweak the lord to have them items and your well away :)

Micge:

Okay second try.

Lords 449

Chaos Dwarf Lord Zhatan Darkhand
Great Taurus
Black hammer of hashut, armour of furnace
Heavy Armor, Shield

Heroes 394

Karthak Ironstep
Hero - BSB
Armor of Gazrakh, Sword of Might

Darkhar Stoneface
CD Hero -General (109)
armour of silver iron
Great Weapon

Zhorg Blackleg
CD Sorcerer (150)
Level 2 shadow
Dispel Scroll

Core 716
(hobgoblins 200)

40 CDs with Great Weapons (470)
full command

24 cds (246)
full command

40 hobgoblins 80
40 hobgoblins 80
10 hobgoblins 20
10 hobgoblins 20

Special 452

21 black orcs
full command shields 332

4 bolt throwers 120

Rare 220

2x earthshaker 220

2411. Got some points to spare? Improvements?

Da Crusha:

Maybe put the extra points to either a death wizard to snipe enemy characters or another shadow wizard to make sure you can debuff enemy units.

Micge:

The slaving party of Darkhar stoneface 2500pts third try.

Lords 470

Sorceror Lord 470

Level 4 death Wizard

talisman of preservation

power scroll

Lammasu

(Chose to replace the taurus altogether and try the lammasu)

Heroes 524

Darkhar Stoneface

Chaos Dwarf Hero 114

Great Weapon

Armour of Gazrakh

Gauntlets of Bazzhrakk the Cruel

Karthak Ironstep

Chaos Dwarf Hero 135

BSB

Armour of the Furnace

Iron Curse Icon

Zhorg Blackleg

CD Sorcerer 150

Level 2 shadow

Dispel Scroll

CD Sorcerer 125

Level 2 shadow

Chalice of Darkness

Core 716

(hobgoblins 200)

40 CDs with Great Weapons 470

full command

24 cds 246

full command

10 hobgoblins 20

10 hobgoblins 20

40 hobgoblins 80

40 hobgoblins 80

Special 438

21 black orcs

full command shields 332

4 bolt throwers 120

Rare

2x earthshaker 220

Almost the same as your list with little tweaks, Da Crusha.:cheers 2582 on the total, how to get it to 2500? Comments & Criticism?

Da Crusha:

ohh I really like the list! :cheers I absolutely love the lammasu, it works so good for me. today I played a game and the lammasu flew around and sniped a vampire hero on the first turn and a vargulf on the 3rd and then sniped a necromancer on the 4th. all of this was extremely effective and shutting down his plans. later that turn I killed the vampire lord with an earthshaker shot and he no longer had a magic phase!

Its a tough call, what to get rid of. I use level 1 shadow mages because the first spell is good enough and also because I needed the points. I personally would drop the units of 10 hobgoblins. I used to use them in 7th but in 8th edition they are so easy to wipe out and then instead of exposing a flank, the enemy gets to do a free reform. I know there are more tricks that can be done with them but honestly I havent tried them out that much in 8th edition because I feel like hobgoblins are better used in big units.

I would have to say that I think your most dispensible things would have to be some shadow levels, some hobgoblins, and maybe a bolt thrower. like I said its a tough call.