The main purpose of this blog to to ensure I do something with the stuff I’ve just unexpectedly parted with money for. Having an empty army blog would be humiliating, right?
When my exams are over in early June, I plan to start converting my Dragon Isles Army, which I dreamed up a long time ago. So you guys can all share the joy of my first encounters with greenstuff, ebay, begging for Bitz and the like that my bought-off-ebay vanilla big-hat army never necessitated.
1) Hope to convert hobgoblins to use as hobgoblins, with lizards taking the place of ordinary greenskins.
2) Masks. I have a big hat army already.
3) I’m not planning on one at the moment, it is probably a bit out of my league modelling wise.
4) The stegadon bow might be good for a bolt thrower, I hadn’t given it much thought. I’m planning on putting a war machine (probably a Death Rocket or an Eruption Gun, depending on the list I use) on a stegadon if I can afford and model one.
5) Thinking of using fish-tank vegetation on the bases, as suggested in the thread.
I’ll probably bug you guys for colour schemes once I have my guys converted, too.
Could such guys fit to your jungle theme? With another paint scheme it will look great - imo!
What do you think?
The lizards are from Scotia Grendel - link! - the advantage is that the models aren’t very expensive and that they have a huge variety of other lizard minis! And such models can be a real enrichment for every CD army!
Thank. Sadly (and somewhat ironically) two days after founding this I reached the end of my overdraft. So I’m presently sitting on a load of arms and shields with no plastic dwarfs to convert. Plus, I lost three metal figures I shelled out 15 quid for. Sad times. Warhammer will resume when money returns!