[Archive] The Slow Death of TheVoice's Wallet (My Army Blog)

TheVoice:

The main purpose of this blog to to ensure I do something with the stuff I’ve just unexpectedly parted with money for. Having an empty army blog would be humiliating, right?

When my exams are over in early June, I plan to start converting my Dragon Isles Army, which I dreamed up a long time ago. So you guys can all share the joy of my first encounters with greenstuff, ebay, begging for Bitz and the like that my bought-off-ebay vanilla big-hat army never necessitated.

What fun! :wink:

Alfract:

Can you give us a basic recap of your final ideas rather than having to trawl through the thread ( who said i hasn’t)

What are you using as hobogoblins? Goblins? Orc? Skinks and all manner of other lizardmen?

Are they going to be mask style or big hats?

Are you going to have a Kollosus like the one that Warplock Monkey suggested?

And have you thought about making Bolt-throwers from the one that you get from the stegadons, if your going lizardman theme?

And how are you planning on basing them?

TheVoice:

Righty:

1) Hope to convert hobgoblins to use as hobgoblins, with lizards taking the place of ordinary greenskins.

2) Masks. I have a big hat army already.

3) I’m not planning on one at the moment, it is probably a bit out of my league modelling wise.

4) The stegadon bow might be good for a bolt thrower, I hadn’t given it much thought. I’m planning on putting a war machine (probably a Death Rocket or an Eruption Gun, depending on the list I use) on a stegadon if I can afford and model one.

5) Thinking of using fish-tank vegetation on the bases, as suggested in the thread.

I’ll probably bug you guys for colour schemes once I have my guys converted, too.

Zanko:

Could such guys fit to your jungle theme? With another paint scheme it will look great - imo! :smiley:

What do you think?

The lizards are from Scotia Grendel - link! - the advantage is that the models aren’t very expensive and that they have a huge variety of other lizard minis! And such models can be a real enrichment for every CD army!

:hashut

TheVoice:

Wow, those look sweet. Thanks for the link!

Willmark:

I’m giving slaves just for the name of this thread. EPIC.

TheVoice:

Thank. Sadly (and somewhat ironically) two days after founding this I reached the end of my overdraft. So I’m presently sitting on a load of arms and shields with no plastic dwarfs to convert. Plus, I lost three metal figures I shelled out 15 quid for. Sad times. :frowning: Warhammer will resume when money returns! :slight_smile: