[Archive] The Stormchild's Bloodbeard's blog

The Stormchild:

Hail friends!:hat off

Welcome to my army blog as we go through the grueling process of building my army.

They are known as the bloodbeard’s since I’ve decided to paint all their beards in red. Fluff soon.

So far;

Many models still need painting as you can see.

It’s a work in progress!

:cheers

The Stormchild:

Black Orcs;

Allied Ogres;

I plan on re-painting the standard to a CD one.

And last but not least, The CD part of the force;

The Stormchild:

Now I plan converting one dark elf Pegasus into a bull centaur lord.

After removing the head and picking up some green stuff I shall begin my conversion.

Dhark:

Hi Stormchild,

a really impressing force you got there. I would love to see more of your CD’s.

Are planning to give them green bases like the hero on the front got? I would suggest to give them grey bases as the typical Chaos Dwarf bases of the ash wastelands.

Dhark :hashut

The Stormchild:

Hi Stormchild,

a really impressing force you got there. I would love to see more of your CD's.

Are planning to give them green bases like the hero on the front got? I would suggest to give them grey bases as the typical Chaos Dwarf bases of the ash wastelands.

Dhark :hashut

Dhark
Hail Dhark!
Thanks and yes I am planning on painting the bases and adding some grit as well.
I'm going to paint the rest of the CDs first though.

Bassman:

Nooo, do not damage the old dark elf pegasus! I have it and I think it’s one of the best pegasuses ever. I wish do you have the wings, they are the old metal dragon wings… :slight_smile:

The huge mountain in the background is amazing. I love it. It looks like a real dwarf stronghold :slight_smile:

The Stormchild:

Nooo, do not damage the old dark elf pegasus! I have it and I think it's one of the best pegasuses ever. I wish do you have the wings, they are the old metal dragon wings... :)

The huge mountain in the background is amazing. I love it. It looks like a real dwarf stronghold :)

Bassman
Yeah I still have the wings.
But the old dark elf pegasus is so beastly looking and will make a great bull centaur.
Thanks, it's a really old piece of scenery me and my Dad made.

Time of Madness:

Nice looking stuff so far! Looks like you have a ton of the plastic warriors.

Time of Madness

The Stormchild:

Nice looking stuff so far! Looks like you have a ton of the plastic warriors.
Time of Madness

Time of Madness
Thanks!
I do like my plastic.
Though I am bidding for some metal CDs at the moment.

Loki:

Great looking army already, so good to see so many big hats all in one place :hat off

The Stormchild:

Great looking army already, so good to see so many big hats all in one place :hat off

Loki
Thanks! :cheers
You can never have too many big hats my friend.:hat off

The Stormchild:

Blunderbusses arrived today!

Now I need to re-paint them!

The Stormchild:

Hail friends!

It’s been a week or so since I decided to do my conversion and I haven’t even been able to pick up some green stuff because of school and the shops closes by the time I get back. Hopefully I can pick it up in half term.

But on a brighter note, I’ve decided on my color scheme for my two CD regiments, one shall be red and gold and the other shall be all metallic.

Metallic:

I’m using them as a bodyguard for one of my CD hero’s.

I’m using the painting guide from How To Paint Citadel Miniatures because it has a very good effect which I think quite suits CDs.

I’ll be sure to keep you updated.

-Kit:hat off

Loki:

Loki
Thanks! :cheers
You can never have too many big hats my friend.:hat off

The Stormchild
How ture you are :D

Great looking hero the paint scheme works really well, looking forward to seeing more of this great army soon :hat off

The Stormchild:

@Loki:Thanks! :slight_smile:

Alright, washes have arrived today along with some green stuff.

I can start work on my conversion now! :smiley:

The Stormchild:

These gems also arrived today without me knowing.

Good thing I have a fever at the moment, cause I can work on them tomorrow while I’m off school! :smiley:

I’ll keep you updated!

-Kit

The Stormchild:

Hail!

I’ve started my conversion.

And I’ve started painting my bloodbeard’s beards in blood (using the color scheme from The Ogre Kingdoms book).

The hero in the picture is Brunka Bloodbeard, the founder of the Bloodbeard clan.

So now I have a lot of beards to paint (including the Lammasu’s).

My workplace:

Since I have a fever I’ll be staying at home painting and catching up on House.

-Kit:cheers

Loki:

First of all, sorry to hear your not well , i hope that your feeling better soon, second what a great use of your time painting CDs and watching house a perfect combo :hat off

tjub:

If it is greenstuff there on your first pic you really need to mix it up alot more, otherwise it wont harden!

The Stormchild:

@Loki: I thank you for your concern. Indeed, it is a great use of time. Usually I’ll get home from school and be too tired to even touch my CD’s but now I have a lot of very bloody beards. :smiley:

@tjub: Thank you for this information. I did notice it was taking some time to harden. But now I have mixed it up and stuck it back on! Thanks again! :cheers