[Archive] The Warhammer Forge fluff, and the CD part in it

AssurBahniZharr:

This is something i’ve seen in rulebook fluff about lord Mortkin…

Chaos is going to win then the villain has some regrets, dies and the game is over…

This is what has been written and this is ridiculus, this is warhammer not walt disney.

I would be sad if things will go on with such stupid tricks.

I feel it should be kept on more serious track.

Truth is that on this particular world an aeternal struggle is being fought and it is Endless (for Chaos gods pleasure). At least till the moment Morrislieb will fall down on Earth.

I suppose that on the edge of the end of Empire (and other human or humanoid races) nor The Horned Rat, nor Nagash or Hashut (blessed his name) will let Chaos Gods win.

I personally feel Hashut is more an Earthly God than a Chaos god. He represents the advancement for descrution, industry, the fire burning in the volcanoes who comes directly from the centre of the Earth. He’s the darkest side of the Nature and of human desires and Aspirations

If chaos wins there will be no nations to rule, and no work for slaves, and of course no slaves=P

I think and hope We will betray Chaos Gods in the End of Time. AssurbhaniZhaar surely will work for this :wink:

Thommy H:

Chaos is going to win then the villain has some regrets, dies and the game is over...
This is what has been written and this is ridiculus, this is warhammer not walt disney.
I would be sad if things will go on with such stupid tricks.
I feel it should be kept on more serious track.
Yes, heaven forbid they try to inject a sense of pathos or more than a single dimension to a character in this horrific cliché of a setting... Quick: MOAR SKULLZ!

AGPO:

While a cool idea, I’d rather have seen them go backwards, either to the Great War against Chaos or another great incursion. I know we can go on about altverses but I’d rather leave the future of the world just there

Loki:

This all sounds very interresting and i have to say that i cant wait to get my hand on the book and find out, i do like how the warhammer world is at the mo, the picture that the fluff is painting is that every thing is in ruins and it really is it, the last next battle will decided every thing which is a shame, i hope they do it that its just a another choas invasion like all the others but more in more deatil with much more things involved rather than chaos comes down, chaos kills loads, men elves adn dwarfs beat chaos, every thign is fine till the next time

Baggronor:

*I only know American superhero comics, I'm sure there are just as stupid Canadian, Brittish, Japanese ones as well.
We don't have Superheroes in Japan, we have super angsty teenagers with robot battlesuits or super angsty teenagers who hunt ghosts n stuff. Far more sensible if you ask me. Admittedly not one of them has ever been so flippant as to try to pull off the "it was all a dream" retcon...

Liking the fluff ideas, a nice way to go and visit the unexplored corners of the Warhammer World. Not really concerned about the timeline myself, just glad to see them doing something a bit more adventurous.

Grimstonefire:

People may find it interesting that the timeline must be in the very near future, as Karl Franz has just died/ gone missing and his son is kidnapped.  Maybe 15-20 years?

So as it doesn’t actually leave a lot of time between this and the SoC (presuming it actually happened in the alternative history), it seems they have retconned the daemon binding fluff.

Thommy H:

Or Rick Priestly has just ignored it. Remember, he hasn’t been directly involved in the output of the main GW studio since, like, 1998 or something.

Fallen246:

I’d like to see some armies no longer playing so nicely with other armies, for example chaos warriors not having the influence over the other three chaos forces as they once did.

For example:

-Daemons would consider mere mortals “beneath them”

-Chaos Dwarves would be sick of putting up with Chaos Warriors and their worship of the other gods

-Beastmen may be sick of always ending up as the fodder, and may be annoyed that humans get favour from the Gods, when they consider themselves the direct children of chaos?

Thommy H:

I’m pretty sure all those things are already the case.

Fallen246:

…I mean like… more so?

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. I’m just going to hide now…