[Archive] THUNDARK

Anno:

And three!

Parallel with the crazy green homunculus start posting the first things the third character.
This miniature is the most complex and demanding of the three for several reasons :expressionless:

The sculptor of this model will be this time is not the usual, but a knowledge of the forum, or the good Ishkur  :hat off
He will go crazy following this centaur :sick

Unlike the previous two Thread, we would like to see the whole creative process, as in a travel diary. Then placed well wip or wrong that will then be changed.

Start with the initial concept of the centaur (is the idea base from which to develop the rest):

�?� The initial idea is that of a mechanic centaur.
I have always noticed that the bottom of the Centaurs  had everything to look like a real bull… lacked only the head.
So I decided that the shape of the plate that protects the lower belly of the Centaur was the head of a bull

�?� Another idea that has found me and Ishkur in tune are the rear legs. The idea of having the legs in the shape of demonic grinning face seemed interesting. I have to develop some detail, but the concept is decided.

�?� Even the horn-shaped tubes that surround the upper part of the centaur satisfy us.

�?� The notes relate mourners horns instead of the helmet.
As highlighted Ishkur, should be put forward to emphasize the aggressive nature of the centaur and give it a greater evil.

�?� Even the hind legs are to be changed, because they are too similar to the concept GW Juggernaut.

�?� Even the pose is to read and I have to fix the unbalanced position of the bull to the body optimally.

Short, to work there is, but at least we started :stuck_out_tongue:

Grimstonefire:

Interesting start. He needs to be a little shorter imo, and the front legs need to be more bull like.

I would be careful using the juggernaut for too much reference, as I believe it’s based on a Rhino.

The beard should be longer as well I think.

Baggronor:

Even the pose is to read and I have to fix the unbalanced position of the bull to the body optimally.
I know its just a sketch, but the front legs need to be further forward; his centre of balance is below his head (just like 2 legged people :)), so as you say, he would topple forwards.
The idea of having the legs in the shape of demonic grinning face seemed interesting. I have to develop some detail, but the concept is decided.
That would be a nice touch :cheers

Looking forward to seeing more!

tjub:

Where is the hat?! :stuck_out_tongue:

clam:

Very interesting concept - but like Grimstonefire I would like him to be a little more bull like. He looks a bit too much like the Chaos/Daemon Juggernaut - right now.

And torso :smiley: - I think it’s perfect. I love it - but it would be even more perfect from a 3rd edition collector point of view) - if you removed the curly beard as well. Really like the helmet theme for this guy.

And the bull great axe - just simply … wow! It’s awesome - don’t you dare changing that one :smiley:

Borador:

It is looking pretty nice though some bits and pieces might need a lil adjusting like baggronor and grim have said. It looks very promising!

Anno:

thanks for the comments very helpful!

to settle ^^:

�?� resolving the issue of gravity (head and front legs)

�?� Extend the beard

�?� Take greater distance from some concepts that have the same theme

Where is the hat?! :stuck_out_tongue:

tjub
This time he left it at home :hat off
And the bull great axe - just simply … wow! It’s awesome - don’t you dare changing that one :smiley:

clam
Quiet, that convinces me well and will remain so :wink:

Loki:

Once again anno awesome work, cant wait to see more of this guy soon :slight_smile:

Zanko:

IMO once more great idea and a very cool sketch! :slight_smile:

I really like the idea of a more demon-like-centaur not so common! :cheers

I´m curious to see more sketches and the growing of this sculpture! :hat off

:hashut

Anno:

Many tahanks!

The part of the face has been completely revised and work … following the various suggestions.

The ax has been refined, but essentially remained the same :slight_smile:

Are there any comments or suggestions for the part of the body of the dwarf?

Grimstonefire:

Just a small thing, the beard should be a little longer in the middle than at the sides.  The difference in height is from the cheek to the chin.

The helmet looks a little strange, is it a mask or a helmet?  A mask needs a strap around the back, a helmet should have more holding it onto the head imo.  The arrows down the side of the head should be on the head, not overlapping the shoulder pad. :wink:

The rest of the body looks like plate armour, so I would go with that. The tail should be shorter, but I guess you could keep it that length if it had a chain or something on it.

clam:

I love the helmet look - it’s a brilliant idea combining mask and helmet - so I’ll hope you will stick to that.

And agrees with GSF about the beard - it should be slightly longer in the middle.

And then axe … wow, awesome, fantastic … :smiley: It’s truely a hero character worthy. So glad to see that you didn’t changed it.

Loki:

Awesome work anno, that sketch of the head and beard is amazing :slight_smile:

Borador:

Anno, don’t put the standard for concept art so high! My stuff looks so ugly right now :wink:

Again another briliant piece of art. Really like the use of colours.

Anno:

Thanks for the advice!
I Change the beard so that degradation as suggested :slight_smile:
The helmet frankly I see it that way. But I will add an anchor… now I think.
In the model carved arrows are anchored to the head, but now I liked the concept leaned her shoulder: p

I love the helmet look - it’s a brilliant idea combining mask and helmet - so I’ll hpe you will stick to that.

And  agree with GSF about the beard - it should be slightly longer in the middle.

And then axe … wow, awesome, fantastic … :smiley: It’s truely a hero character worthy.So glad to see that you didn’t changed it.

clam
eheh! I’m a maniac! Indeed you are right, are a step beyond the simple concept.