[Archive] thunderstomp

thewizardofoz:

Please help -

I argued/discussed with somebody about this the other day and I am about 99.9% sure I am right but cant remember when or where I read it.

My Kdaii destroyer was causing havoc and then he charged it with a lone skink priest. I did my attacks and ‘what a surprise’ - he had the Dragonbane gem. He did his attacks back and didn’t wound and then I did my thunderstomps - all 6 of them. He then went to roll for the dragonbane gem!

I am almost positive that it states somewhere that stomps and thunderstomps do not benefit from special rules such as flaming or armour piercing - I am right aren’t I?

where is this written?

Thommy H:

Special rules don’t carry over to anything except ordinary melee Attacks unless specifically stated otherwise. I think it’s in the main Rulebook FAQ, or if not it’s in the book itself at the start of the Special Rules section.

Bloodbeard:

You are right. Making the K’daai deadly even for fire protected infantry heroes.

The exception is daemonic attacks which specifically states that stomp/tthunder stomp as also magical.

Causing daemon players to hate the Banner of the World Dragon even more.

thewizardofoz:

Yes, I have found it in the FAQ. great stuff guys, thanx muchly.

Petterwass:

Which is why the correct foil for a Destroyer is amounted or mountrous hero with a fire ward save.

Foot hereos just get trod on.