[Archive] Time for a jump-start!

Knight Of Awsome:

Any one remember this, https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5531, well thats old history!

I’m starting a new Chaos Dwarf army and this is the first to be updated, so I’m going to start with some pictures of what he going to look like, and this time its lava bases!:cheers

Xander:

Sweet! Keep it coming!

Knight Of Awsome:

UPDATE!

OK hes starting to look better and less mushy and deformed but he needs more detail in the empty parts, but hey why don’t you see for your self:

I’m going away for the week end to Hood River. Theres a hobby store there so I’m going to buy some supplies wile I’m there and stop by some hobby stores!

catbarf:

Nice, but I see fingerprints in the GS (especially on the hammer) and that is a baaad thing. I’d recommend you find existing weapons that have the pieces you want, I don’t think GS will work well for large blocks of metal.

Knight Of Awsome:

Nice, but I see fingerprints in the GS (especially on the hammer) and that is a baaad thing. I'd recommend you find existing weapons that have the pieces you want, I don't think GS will work well for large blocks of metal.

catbarf
Oh, I'm cutting the sides of it so that its a complete square with no finger prints on both sides of the hammer and hopefully awesome. If that dose not work i will take the thunder hammer head off my model.

Willmark:

So I take it you like hats…

Kera foehunter:

well it look good. So are you going with a hammer now KOA

Hashut’s Blessing:

The basic shape is looking good thus far. Why not just use the thunder hammer in the first place, he he he? (A bit late now of course). I quite liked the look of the shield as being broken, however, that’d fit better with a maruader champion, whereas the new GS on the shield looks cool for the CD. Will it be beaten copper sort of colour? What sort of decals are you planning to do on the model?

Knight Of Awsome:

So I take it you like hats...

Willmark
I like both hats and masks, i have been waiting for when my GS skills to be good other than bad so in my new army I'm going to have both hats and masks.
well it look good. So are you going with a hammer now KOA

Kera foehunter
yep, the old one was a hammerish- great weapon. He did not have the fighting capability's as i have hoped, so like my army he needs to change.
The basic shape is looking good thus far. Why not just use the thunder hammer in the first place, he he he? (A bit late now of course). I quite liked the look of the shield as being broken, however, that'd fit better with a maruader champion, whereas the new GS on the shield looks cool for the CD. Will it be beaten copper sort of colour? What sort of decals are you planning to do on the model?
Then i would have too buy a thunder-hammer from bitbox or something. The shield is going to have some more iconography and the hat, the hat is going to need a ton of work before it wont look goofy or out of place.

I think I'm going for an more immortal look on him (scary face mask), everyone input is accepted!:cheers

Vexxus:

Fingerprints aren’t the end of the world, you can use a small file or ultra fine sandpaper to smooth it out!

The hat looks big but without the face/beard you never know for sure!

I really like the axe, creative combo that will look great painted. Keep up the good work, ans as always keep us posted :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I can understand that about the thunder hammer :smiley: When I was reading through, before you mentioned the thunder hammer, I thought it looked the same :smiley: