[Archive] To many puppies!

Borador:

How about a blunderbuss proxy unit? Chaos dwarfs that throw dogs!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

…or a Black Orc pet shop as a terrain piece! (Post 2450!)

Hashut’s Blessing:

It amuses me that everyone keeps saying to use them as ammo or throwing weapons because that’s actually what they are in the rules, lol.

I’d recommend removing the handle part for most of the suggestions anyhow.

A few options are:

- use them as in place of wolves for wolf-riders.

- instead of giant rats, you have giant dogs (for Skaven).

- unit fillers and basing accessories (and diorama pieces and terrain pieces and such like).

- wound counters or other counters (maybe for various effects tht terrain have: e.g. a red one for blood forests and green one for venom thickets, ghost one for abysall wood).

- nodding dogs for your cart insurance on your Iron Daemons.

Admiral:

Why just don’t make an Attack Hound unit, counting them as Slayers if you’re using a Dwarf list? Chop off their handles, and replace them with spikes. You could perhaps convert a few of the dogs if you want to, but otherwise it should be sufficient if you vary their fur colours and patterns. You could also play the puppies as mad dogs in some oddball scenario to be played with friends. Their rules should be based on the Night Goblin Fanatics.

Alternatively, you could scratchbuild a big, badass warmachine (similar in theme to the Hellcannon) that feed on the souls of puppies. One crewman could be the engineer, looking out into the distance through a telescope. Then, make one of the crewmen toss a dog into the roaring engine, putting some of the other puppets behind him on a converyor belt leading to the engine door. The third crewman could load the conveyor belt with puppies, plucking them by their handles from a container slightly larger than the BFSP Dwarf mine cart. It’d be quite an undertaking to achieve.

Or, you could make a daemonic gate built from petrified puppies.

Otherwise, perhaps you could spred them around Slave units, as aidées to Chaos Dwarf taskmasters with whips.

BeeZharr:

Hashut's Blessing
Oh yes.

nitroglysarine:

Hashut's Blessing
Oh yes.

BeeZharr
Ohhh no, no, no, no, no....:hashut

BeeZharr:

Hashut's Blessing
Oh yes.

BeeZharr
Ohhh no, no, no, no, no....:hashut

nitroglysarine
Pah, he told me he was helping Astrogoth chop down the Loren Forest...

Hashut’s Blessing:

Hahaha, I love the Churchill references :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Another thought is to use them in the same manner as the Skaven rats in the Doomwheel.

Btw, a pun warning here: maybe the conveyor belt puppies should be in buns - hot dogs!

Also, dogs could be in a pit or something for dangling torturees over.

nitroglysarine:

Ha!!

Hot dogs - 5pts each

M WS BS S T W I Ld

8 10 0 10 10 1 8 5

Yeah, i think that fits… aaaaaw yeas!

Hashut’s Blessing:

You forgot options:

Ketchup - 1pt/model: Looks like blood, so they cause Fear.

Mustard - 2pts/model: Blend into hay and dead grass, granting Ambushers.

Fried Onions - 3pts/model: They’re slimy ans moist, aggravating the dogs into a killing frenzy. Gain Killing Blow.

nitroglysarine:

Possibly also:-

Underdone - 2pts/model: Poisoned attacks

Kebab meat - 3pts/model: Dogs subject to frenzy