[Archive] To many puppies!

nitroglysarine:

I have about 12+ (I know I have a few more but can’t put my hands on them) of the mantic dogs that come on the command sprue.

Those guys…
Other than a cruel type of ammo (I’m looking towards the carry handle on the back), or a tiny little wolf for a rider, or as a set of huskies for a weird chariot, i’m shot for ideas.

Any ideas anyone?

Galladorn:

Use them as ammo for the dreadquake cannon. A little dark, but veeeery original.

nitroglysarine:

Now I have the old saying ‘faster than a whippet with a bum full of dynamite!’ in my head.
Rocket ammo? :wink:

inkpwn:

D&D pet for your character?

Accesorie on the base of a general?

Slayer unit of rabbid puppys?

Guard dogs for fortress?

Get the 12inch resin one and us it as a lammasu puppy mount…

Ummmm ok I’m out of ideas. But they are really awesome. :slight_smile:

nitroglysarine:

The resin one could be quite a laugh.

Mum and the pups ;D

I’m edging more towards making them into a unit of ‘something’

I did think slaves on their backs on 20mm bases could be fun!

Just use them as ‘count as slaves’ …maybe?

Galladorn:

Unit filler for hob goblins

40mm base

2 puppies in front of 1 hobgob.

Chains connect each pup’s collar to 1 hand of hobgob.

furrie:

hobgoblin puppie rides. You could also use them as “terrain”, just let some animals walk over the battlefield.

Thorne:

Demonic sorcerers familiars with tomes of magic popped over their heads and backs as a ad hoc tome carry come unit filler ? Or the victims of a shape changing experiment.

BeeZharr:

Chop their heads off, stick a hobgoblin torso on = unit of hobgoblin Bull-dog Centaurs.

nitroglysarine:

Hob-calf centaurs… hmmmmmm

nitroglysarine:

Chop their heads off, stick a hobgoblin torso on = unit of hobgoblin Bull-dog Centaurs.

BeeZharr
oh, and the heads are separate already ;P

Anonymouse:

Should make excellent ammo, or perhaps bomb-laden infantry-clearers.

"Send in the puppy-squad!

"YipyipyipyipyipyipyiKABOOOM!’

nitroglysarine:

Dog bomb! intriguing! “woof, woof BOOM!”

BeeZharr:

Didn’t the bomb dogs blow up their own tanks?

cornixt:

Never noticed the handle before. It looks like a fancy hold-all made from a taxidermied dog!

nitroglysarine:

Didn't the bomb dogs blow up their own tanks?

BeeZharr
According to QI indeed, they trained them to run under tanks for food, but they made the mistake of training them on their own tanks. So when they let them go, they turned around and ran back under them.... BOOM!

The handle is kinda cool

nitroglysarine:

Never noticed the handle before. It looks like a fancy hold-all made from a taxidermied dog!

cornixt
Looks a touch like a handbag. :idea

Anonymouse:

It provides excellent grip when you want to fling one towards the enemy.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

How about making them the “unit champions” in your Hobgoblin units =)

…and then the mighty dragon roared it’s challenge! Lowering its giant head the beast surveyed the Hobgoblins cowering before him. Both hungry and angry, the huge reptile scanned back and forth across the mob for their leader wanting to make an example out of him. But so intent upon his search the dragon did not see Fido lift his leg and piddle on his massive claw until it was too late…

Grimbold Blackhammer

Murdock129:

While not Chaos Dwarf, they’d make a badass Squig Herd counts as

For CDs, maybe tie string to the handles and put them in front of a Warhammer Seige tower for a Juggernaut

Finally possibly have one as a counts as Chaos Dwarf sorcerer who has cunningly used his dark magics to turn into a creature sure to make his enemies underestimate him, and his own troops, and his Lammasu, and the hobgoblins who are hunting him for their next meal, and that group of snotlings who chased him, and that Ogre Butcher, and just about everyone else in all existance