[Archive] Treasure Hunter / Tomb Raider / Ziggurat Thread Idea

Carcearion:

So I’ve said before that digging around through the vast archives here at CDO is allot of fun, and have even dug up a few old threads myself to comment on a great collection or paint job from several of our revered ancestors no longer active on the forum. After a new member accidentally committed an act of Threadomancy it gave me the idea that there is certainly a place for bringing out this great old content back to the light of day, I think we have a long enough history here on CDO to actually support this kind of thread (atleast for awhile I should think).

What do people think of the idea of a thread to repost those images here to discuss and marvel at the armies and projects of members past? I think we would need to establish some ground rules, how old they have to be, how long the member has been inactive, and probably agree to some system by which we give whatever member we spot light some time to be the subject of discussion/wonder (I dunno maybe we agree only one every three days or something).

I think it could an awful lot of fun.

Edit: Ooh it occured to me we could call it The Ziggurat, said building classicly being a tower used as a crypt.

Timothy Archer:

i think its a really cool idea . there is so much hidden treasure here !!!

Zaramuskharaz:

I do like the idea!

…Kinda like walking the Road of Skulls up the Plains of Zharrduk, watching the lined-up statues of all Sorcerer-Prophets of the Past looking down on us with unreadable expressions!

Carcearion:

Well I’m glad atleast two other members are on board!

I guess from here we can hammer out some details on some thread rules?

I was thinking that highlighting one member a week would be a good way to do it, something a little less arbitrary then X days.

How long do people think a member should be inactive to qualify for it? I was feeling about two years my self.

Lol and what do we do if (probably when) someone returns from the grave to comment on our little walk down the long road?

Abecedar:

Well I'm glad atleast two other members are on board!

I guess from here we can hammer out some details on some thread rules?

I was thinking that highlighting one member a week would be a good way to do it, something a little less arbitrary then X days.

How long do people think a member should be inactive to qualify for it? I was feeling about two years my self.

Carcearion
I'm liking the idea more now (that I'm marginally a bit more alert/awake) and I'd agree with what you are thinking
Lol and what do we do if (probably when) someone returns from the grave to comment on our little walk down the long road?

Carcearion
I'm not sure.  Panic is one option

Willmark:

While I like the idea of threadomancy… make sure it’s relevant and there is something to add to the conversation. Also you’ll need to take it forward from that point. No sense addressing members who haven’t been active for long periods of time (per say).

And are people angling for a medal for threadomancy? If so I’d have to say no to that one, sorry.

Carcearion:

Well the idea isnt to actually commit Threadomancy, but to quote post the images into a Treasure Hunter/Ziggurat Thread to comment on them their, then we can talk about the work without resurrecting a long dead thread.

Lol yeah I can’t really imagine a medal for posting someone elses images, and I think posthumanous medals for the spot-lighted members is probably a bad idea to (You left the forum? Here’s your medal!) :stuck_out_tongue:

Carcearion:

Hmm… well i guess all that remains is to really hammer down a name for this achieve digging thread.

A fun way to do it would to be to create a poll i suppose, any one have any suggestions for good names to put on said poll?

Fuggit Khan:

any one have any suggestions for good names to put on said poll?

Carcearion
Back from the Dead?

Admiral:

Unsealed Catacombs? The Road to Zharr-Naggrund? Petrified Ancients? In Stone On Pedestals?

I think this is a great idea. Most of the site frequenters have spent hours trawling through old and new logs alike, so sharing golden old finds would benefit all members, and new ones in particular. It’s also a neat way of revisiting old logs without posting in inactive threads.

Nicodemus:

I thought about this several years ago as well and think it’s high time we started this up!!

I really like Unsealed Catacombs…

Carcearion:

Alright, well I’ll start a poll for the lot of us to pick a name and then we’ll see about maybe doing the first installment next week :cheers

Edit: A link to said poll I should have probably posted the first time around:

Vote Here!

Helblindi:

The road to zharr-naggrund is paved with bodies of those who gave up. You have my vote!