[Archive] Tusks

Bill-117:

…that’s…because…dairy cows…are women…

o_0

Theory_Man:

What do you think is the mental state of a coming of age chaos dwarf growing his tusks? My guess is they would be a bit crazy, if not unhinged loonies.

Tallhat:

What do you think is the mental state of a coming of age chaos dwarf growing his tusks? My guess is they would be a bit crazy, if not unhinged loonies.

Theory_Man
How is that different from ordinary Teenagers?

- Tallhat

Theory_Man:

Theory_Man

- Tallhat

Tallhat
point taken

Bill-117:

Theory_Man

- Tallhat

Tallhat
point taken

Theory_Man
Or more importantly, how is that different from ordinary Chaos Dwarfs? :hat

Kera foehunter:

How do you rate the pain of growing up? do they where braces too?

Nazhur:

I tihnk like many others that the tusk is starting to grow when the dwarfs hits puperty(spelling?). Actually tusk suits the chaos dwarfs very good and I just love them on my models.

D’dos Croizii:

I’m going to have to say they grow from a younger age but are like normal teeth and not that noticeable as they would be concealed under the gums or mouth. Through puberty is when they would start to emerge as something of a marker for an adult Chaos Dwarf similar to a rite of passage.

Just quickly, seeing as Dwarfs in general have a very long life span (i can only assume Chaos Dwarfs do too), how much would these tusks grow over time?

AGPO:

“Manlier” isn’t necessarily an asset on a dairy farm for most of the year…

wallacer:

how much would these tusks grow over time?

D'dos Croizii
If they're like "normal" tusks I would assume they keep growing indefinitely.
Mammoths apparently had huge curved tusks because they just kept on growing.

CD tusks, I would assume, either grow slower or they make a point of shortening them somehow.

Kera foehunter:

Agpo is a dairy farmer too.i say the teeth are grown by the time they date .

Bill-117:

Actually, they probably come in at teething, but just grows to the right size to be known as tusks by around puberty.

Theory_Man:

Now that I think about it, chaos dwarfs must have some strong neck muscles because of the added weight of thier tusks. Or do the tall hats in some way counter balance their tusks? A possible reason for tall hats???

wallacer:

I guess if their heads can support helmets or beards with speartips at the end, then tusks isn’t that much of a stretch.

Ronshank:

The cows that still are capable of having horns are born with them, they need to be “polled” to get rid of them. They are meerly teeny bumps when born though so they are not a trouble for mum. So it stands to reason that Chaos Dwarves are born with them and they meerly get to a decient size around their coming of age. Good fluff could be made about them only coming of age when their tusks meet a desired length (leaving ones with stunted tusk growth to harbour resentment and turn in to vicous killers napoleon style)

Though it all leads to the notion of killer tusks capable of being taller than the tallest hat… if they live long enough, so I say once they meet dwarfhood they trim them as one would a beard, I mean they still have to fit their masks on.

Bill-117:

Perhaps they just ‘set’ the masks on the tusks gently. Hm.

Kera foehunter:

I wounder if they have denist too .If they can hook you up with a gold grill??

Ronshank:

all the sudden I’m thinking the tusks should poke out of the masks…

hmmmmmmmm see what happens when you fixate too much on one thing the house of cards falls down and strange questions are asked. Or maybe those huge spikey things were actually tusks incogneto …:~

Lets just say some sort of ritual or maybe the magic fluff fairy makes it so they never grow over a manageable size :cheers

Willmark:

Exactly chaos dwarfs must have amazingly strong muscles to be able to support hats the size of smokestacks or at bare minimum 3 times the size of their bodies.

As far as tusks maybe they get them at their equivalent of 5-6. You know the time equivalent to when human children start losing their baby teeth and their adult teeth come in.

wallacer:

perhaps they don’t have necks :stuck_out_tongue: