[Archive] Twisted Duardin sighted in Spire Tyrants [AoS] & Abyssal Dwarf News [KoW]

Admiral:

From out of the fighting pits of Varanspire come the Spire Tyrants, a gladiatorial Chaos warband looking for glory in Warhammer: Age of Sigmar’s skirmish wargame Warcry!

[align=center][/align]

What is that, to left? Short, bearded, fat, tusked and angry? It’s a Chaos Dwarf! Or Twisted Duardin, whatever you prefer. Now there are two, along with the Iron Golem Armator, also for Warcry:

[align=center] [/align]

It would seem our stout feet are firmly planted in Games Workshop’s new setting. We’re presently popping up as individual models of Chaos warbands, in a style that would be familiar to Chaos in 1980s Warhammer Fantasy.

Gonna catch 'em all, dear collectors?

Also, Mantic is rolling out new teasing pictures for their new 3rd edition of Kings of War (which will see an Abyssal Dwarf remake), as well as for their reverse/evil dungeon crawler game League of Infamy. The new reveals are a mobile Katsuchan launcher:

And the full villain team artwork for League of Infamy, including Meet the Villains: Karzel Runesbane standing on a box. Notice the curled beard on that big rat to the right. Apparently those vermin are the creations of Abyssal Dwarves in Kings of War. Mantic remembers our mad scientists in their background!

As you can see, the evil dwarf concepts pioneered in WHFB are alive and well, and evolving in the various new settings out there at the moment. Exciting times of creativity on all fronts, both by the community at large (as ever here on CDO) and by various companies. The Chaos Dwarf renaissance keeps going strong!

The Staff

Also on CDO: Artisan’s Contest XXVIII (Deadline 31st of October)

Sjoerdo:

Its good to see GW still recognizes the Chaos Dwarfs… But im not a fan of the model, feels like its trying too hard to be dynamic and the face/beard just doesn’t make sense. Like where is his nose!? His lip is sticking out further than his whole helmet…

Reaver of Uzkulak :

Some sinister looking weapons in that warband I wouldn’t mind pillaging for bits. I think I prefer the Iron Golem dwarf over the newer one though.

Admiral:

Its good to see GW still recognizes the Chaos Dwarfs... But im not a fan of the model, feels like its trying too hard to be dynamic and the face/beard just doesn't make sense. Like where is his nose!? His lip is sticking out further than his whole helmet...

Sjoerdo
Haha! That is actually a design found on any number of converted Chaos Dwarfs with both masks/helmets and visible tusks and lips. Seen it before on CDO. :)

I added a pointy nose armour to one I did once.

tjub:

Its good to see GW still recognizes the Chaos Dwarfs... But im not a fan of the model, feels like its trying too hard to be dynamic and the face/beard just doesn't make sense. Like where is his nose!? His lip is sticking out further than his whole helmet...

Sjoerdo
Haha! That is actually a design found on any number of converted Chaos Dwarfs with both masks/helmets and visible tusks and lips. Seen it before on CDO. :)

I added a pointy nose armour to one I did once.

Admiral
Haha, thats a correct description of a tru Chaos Dwarfs. Being a "tusk fan" myself... :P

Parish:

Dude I laughed so hard at you drawing.

weird miniature but I’ll still get him xD