[Archive] Tzeentch Daemon Army.....COMPLETED

Time of Madness:

I have joined the Season 2 of Club 200 over on the Warhammer Forum. The basic idea is to paint 200pts worth of models each month. By the end of the year you should have a completed 2400pt army.

Instead of just throwing up a link to the blog, I figured I’d repost it over here since we are only in month 2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve decided to tackle my Tzeentch Daemon army for Season 2 of Club 200.

This particular army will feature a variety of metal and new plastic Tzeentch Daemons. I’m not a big fan of the plastic Horror models and thus opted to use the recently oop metal (tentacle) Horrors instead. Here’s a quick summary of the models I’ll be using for this army.

- Metal Lord of Change

- Metal Tzeentch WOC sorcerer X 2(as heralds)

- Metal 6th edition oop horrors

- Metal 6th edition oop flamers

- New plastic Screamers

- New plastic Burning Chariots with oop metal crew

The models will be based on resin bases from BASE X OF WAR

I’ve decided on the the Defiled Realm series of bases (shown below)

The plan for this army is to have it done by spring of 2014 so I’ll have to double up on my painting efforts to hit my deadline.

The basic 2000pt list I’ll be using is as follows

Lord of Change (lore of metal)

- Wand of Wimsy

Herald BSB (lore of metal)

- level 1

4 Units of 10 Horrors all with standards (1 unit has the flaming banner)

3 units of 4 Screamers

2 burning chariots with blue horror upgrades

The list expands to 2400pts and 2500pts with the addition of some flamers and another unit of 10 horrors.

The following models need to be painted

- 1 Lord of Change

- 2 Heralds of Tzeentch

- 73 Horrors of Tzeentch

- 10 Flamers of Tzeentch

- 12 Screamers of Tzeentch

- 2 Burning Chariots

Total of 100 models even! I’m aiming to have my first months entry completed by late next week. In the mean time I’ll get back to assembling and cleaning up 73 metal Horrors…

Time of Madness

Time of Madness:

The bases come as white resin and have to be painted. The good thing about Base X of War is that they do all the prep work. The bases are cast by them and then they take the time to ensure there are no holes or bubbles. They also clean the bases up prior to shipping them out. The other good thing is they offer custom movement trays as well.

The only thing I do with the bases is give them a quick bath in soapy water prior to gluing the models down. This ensure I won’t run into any problems while painting.

Here’s a quick picture of 10 horrors glued to the white resin bases with a movement tray. Ignore the liquid green stuff all over :slight_smile:

Time of Madness

Time of Madness:

I’ve managed to complete a few models in time for the month one deadline. Unfortunately, most of this month has been spent putting together a mountain of Tzeentch pewter (and some plastic). I forgot how long it takes to put the multi arm metal horrors together. Here’s a quick picture of what I have assembled.

I still have the following left to put together

- 3 screamers

- 1 chariot

- 2 heralds

- approximately 20 horrors (4 with converted standards)

- 12 flamers

I have managed to complete 7 models this month for a total of 410pts. Which still leaves me with another 93 models to complete… :o 

First picture is of the completed chariot and 6 screamers.

Second picture is a close up of 3 screamers.

Feeback is always welcome!

Expect another update over the next couple of weeks as the Nov 3 deadline is fast approaching…

Time of Madness

Admiral:

That looks promising. Good choice of bases!

Yodrin:

Looks really good, and great bases!!!

Bloodbeard:

Beautiful blue skin on screamers.

It like those bases. Absolutely awesome. Are they all different from one another?

And whats the price range. I recon their best for small elite armies - unless you just pillage Marienburg.

Time of Madness:

It like those bases. Absolutely awesome. Are they all different from one another?

And whats the price range. I recon their best for small elite armies - unless you just pillage Marienburg.

Bloodbeard
The bases are different, there is a bit of variety. I believe there are 4 dfferent 25mm bases and 3 different 40mm bases.

They are expensive, but well worth it in my opinion. You save money and time on basing materials and you can always sell the standard black GW bases on ebay (which is what I do) to recoup some of the cost.

Time of Madness

Bloodbeard:

You can sell black standard bases? No way. I got a gigacilion of those.

Admiral:

You can sell black standard bases? No way. I got a gigacilion of those.

Bloodbeard
Then sell some of the excess and see for yourself. :cheers

AGPO:

Bases will always sell. Lots of people convert 40K models to use with fantasy and vice versa, plus there’s all those conversions which use parts from different models and people fixing up old armies where the bits have gone missing.

Nicodemus:

Your Tzeentch army and the level of painting (and the basing) is marvelous! I absolutely love the colouration and although I would have guessed these bases wouldn’t fit with the models, I’m pleased to say I’d have been quite wrong, the bases work really well here! I’ve got a soft spot for Tzeentch… but it’s repressed and buried somewhere deep below the temple in my heart dedicated to Hashut :wink:

~N

Time of Madness:

Another month complete and some more progress made on my Tzeentch Daemon Army.

Next month I hope to get some work in progress shots up rather then updating this thread only on a monthly basis.

Completed models this month include

- 6 Screamers

- 10 Horrors with a standard

- 10 Horrors with a standard

For a total of 520pts!!! I was also able to get the majority of the army assembled as well. Here’s a breakdown of what I have left to do. Overall I’ve painted 930pts so far in 2 months.

- 1 Lord of Change

- 2 Heralds of Tzeentch

- 73 Horrors of Tzeentch

- 10 Flamers of Tzeentch

- 12 Screamers of Tzeentch

- 2 Burning Chariots

So from the above list I have completed 12 screamers, 20 horrors and 1 chariot for a total of 33 models out of 100. Unfortunately I still have to put 8 horrors together as well as purchase another 5 horrors and a herald.

The first 3 pictures are of the models I finished this month. I’ve put together a shot of everything painted as well as an overall army shot.

Feedback is always welcome!

Time of Madness

ClawLeader:

Lovely work youve done there, the colors are awesome. In addition I like the 200 pt painting system you got there, looks like a good idea to me

Yodrin:

Love the colors, and your painting skill is awesome!! Ant wait to see more!!!

And, those bases rock!! :wink:

JMR:

Nice work, ToM. It’s good to see those older horrors in use.

I’m rather curious how this army is going to perform on the field. I’ve been considering doing something similar. The burning chariots have always interested me. Have you done any playtesting or can you share how you plan to win games?

Time of Madness:

Thanks for the comments folks!

@JMR - The army actually plays pretty well. The lord of change and screamers/chariots do the majority of the work. While the horrors sit back and blast away blue fire(when I have extra dice).

The Chariots are great, but I find I need to get them into some soft units or on the flanks whenever possible. Unfortunately with only 4 T4 wounds I find they die fairly easily. I always seem to roll misfires with the blue fire grapeshot attack as well :frowning:

The Lord of Change is what makes or breaks the army. If he dies early it is generally a pretty tough game for me. The wand of wimsy is amazing! And the lore of metal is a nice balance when combined with the horrors having the lore of tzeentch.

Time of Madness

speedygogo:

They look great!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Admiral:

It’s already a very good army. It’ll look splendid once fully painted.

Time of Madness:

I’ve managed to keep on track with this project and am way ahead of my deadline. This month I completed

- Lord of Change

- 10 Horrors

For a total of 600pts! (I apologize for the brtual pictures - bad weather/photo day)

To date in 3 months I have completed the following models

- Level 4 Lord of Change

- 10 Horrors with standard

- 10 Horrors with standard

- 10 Horrors

- 4 Screamers

- 4 Screamers

- 4 Screamers

- 1 Burning Chariot of Tzeentch with Blue Horror Crew

For a total of 1530pts!

Left to paint I have the following

- 2 Heralds (1 is a bsb)

- 39 Horrors with 2 standards

- 10 Flamers

- 1 burning chariot with blue horror crew

Total points for the army once painted will be 2842pts without gifts/banners etc.

This coming month I plan on making a dent on some more horrors. I hoping to have this entire army done by the 6 month mark so I can start on my next project.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness:

December has been a busy month for me due to the holiday season. Unfortunately I didn’t get done what I had planned. I wanted to have a full 2000pt army painted by now and had planned to paint the following this month.

- Herald BSB

- 20 Horrors with 2 standards

- 1 Chariot

I didn’t get the chariot done (or even started for that matter). So I will push to get the chariot done in January.

Here is what I finished this month.

And an army shot of the completed models

So to date I’ve painted the following

- Lord of Change

- Herald BSB

- 50 Horrors with 4 standards

- 12 Screamers

- 1 Chariot

For a total of 1935pts.

Left to paint I have the following

- 1 Herald

- 19 Horrors with 1 standard

- 10 Flamers

- 1 Chariot

For a total of 917pts. I the plan is to have this army completed by the end of Feb so I can move onto my next project March 1st.

Time of Madness