[Archive] UK GD 500pts

Gilzam:

In regardess to games-day up and coming, couple of weeks now. I have set the task of painting and converting a small 500pt host. Below is the 500pts I will probaly be taking in regard to what models I have already converted. Any suggestions on slight tweaks are needed and tactical advice maybe?

If anyone else already has a 500pts list ready could you post it here so I could perhaps see what the other CD Generals are taking. Without much further a do heres the list.

This is made with the border patrol rules

Heros

Angar the Daemonic Manipulator 100pts

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Level 2 (Shadow or Death)

Core

10x Chaos Dwarf Warriors (HW,HA,Shield) Full Command 120pts

11x Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss (HW,BB,HA) Full Command 162pts

Rare

1x Earthshaker Cannon 110pts

4x Power dice

2x Dispell dice

Uzkul Werit:

Excellent idea! I was going to get around to doing this thread myself but as you’ve already done it …

I like the army as I always toyed with getting an Earthshaker in a 500pts army but it just seemed to make the rest of the force too fragile. Here’s mine:

Uzkul Werit (Chaos Dwarf Hero): 94pts

Hand Weapon, Great Weapon, Armour of Gazrakh

Great Balls of Fire (12 Blunderbussmen): 156pts

Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Blunderbuss

Hashut’s Servants (18 Chaos Dwarf Warriors): 218pts

Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Full Command, War Banner

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower: 30pts

Gilzam:

Well I thought, why not use an earthshaker and if I end up doing a doubles battle with another CD general, it will help them too.

I like your armylist! It would work well with mine giving support and my earthshaker giving you the opportunities for slow targets for your bolt thrower. :hat off

Uzkul Werit:

I might join up with Ghrask, seeing as we hail from the same store. But this is if he gets anything ready by then. sighs

Gilzam:

Is no problem dude we are all CD after all.

Ive tested my 500pts army and it does ok, not great, but im not bothered as long as I last past turn five :slight_smile: and have fun

Border Reiver:

Mybe it’s the way I build armies, but Uzkul why are you spending more than 1/10th of your possible points on magic items? Against a fairly fast moving force, or simply an opponent with more regiments, you would have real challenges. Personally, a few disposable units of naked hobgoblins would support your units of DawiZharr better.

Uzkul Werit:

This is only in the 500pts list, mind you. Normally more points go towards other units. The Hero always gets that armour and the Warriors have the War Banner because I had the points spare. Hobgoblins are a thought, although I’m normally not big on them. Dropping the War Banner would get me 12, correct?

Great Balls of Fire (12 Blunderbussmen): 156pts

Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Blunderbuss

Hashut’s Servants (18 Chaos Dwarf Warriors): 193pts

Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Full Command

The Disposables (12 Hobgoblins): 24pts

Hand Weapon

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower: 30pts

Ghrask Dragh:

I did write up a list a while ago for this…

Sorcerer

Level 2 - 100pts

15 Warriors

Command - 165pts

12 Blunderbuss

- 156pts

12 Hobgoblins

- 24pts

12 Hobgoblins

- 24pts

Bolt Thrower

- 30pts

I could use my night goblins for hobgoblins, then I will almost definetly maybe have some minis to take up tp Games Day :wink:

Gilzam:

Do it! you know you want a CD army at GD, thats also a very cool list too.

The more the merrier after all :hat off

Uzkul Werit:

Bloody hell. I’m gonna be outmagiced by everone. weeps

Never mind. The Hero conversion is worth it. Should we have a Dawi Zharr civil war or find someone else to pummel? :smiley:

Ghrask Dragh:

hmm, theres a thought?

I think there was a few people last year who went down looking for opponents so there should be someone there to play, combined though we only have 1,500pts.

Is U.Nagash bringing an army?

Gilzam:

Well, if we are going to combine forces someone could make one list from what we have and see what it looks like, Im busy atm so I cant do it :o be nice to see what we have all in one army, If we dont find any victims :slight_smile: we can always fight for slaves to conquer the west.

Yes there cant just be us three with a CD list going to GD. Get U.Nagash to post?

Uzkul Werit:

UltimateNagash will only be with us for about half an hour as he has the Warseer Meet Up at 2pm. We’re squeezed in between them and The Last Alliance! We’ll have to get some pictures of everything together. If we need anything extra I can provide it easily enough. As of now we have the following …

Angar the Daemonic Manipulator (Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer): 100pts

Hand Weapon, Lv 2 Upgrade

Ghrask Dragh (Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer): 100pts

Hand Weapon, Lv 2 Upgrade

10 Chaos Dwarf Warriors: 120pts

18 Chaos Dwarf Warriors: 193pts

15 Chaos Dwarf Warriors: 165pts

11 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbussmen: 162pts

Hand Weapon, Blunderbuss, Heavy Armour, Full Command

12 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbussmen: 156pts

Hand Weapon, Blunderbuss, Heavy Armour

12 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbussmen: 156pts

Hand Weapon, Blunderbuss, Heavy Armour

12 Hobgoblin Warriors: 24pts

Hand Weapon

Hand Weapon

Hand Weapon

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers: 60pts

Earthshaker Cannon: 110pts

There we go! Thoughts?

Gilzam:

Shame bout that really with UNagash

Looks like an ok list, we would be alright against woodies with all those small blunderbuss regiments :slight_smile:

I think we would struggle against normal dwarfs or anyone who has a large ranked unit, then again all our small regiments could aid each other. I am just constructing some hobbos (snot-type hobbos I loovvee them, with my own oriental twist) so if we need an extra 10 hobbos i can have them haha. I also have plenty of DoW (ninjas are favourite) but we are there gaming on behalf of this community (and for fun :cheers )so another Earthshaker please Uzkul if 2k :slight_smile:

Looks like your the commander also Uzkul with the CD Hero Ld (im ok with that, my sorc is just there on the behalf of his father Fizzgraper) :hat off

My friend will be watching he’s a new wood elf player and is just making the transition between 40k and Fantasy and would like to see some games to see how it works (he tried to get an army together but he is very busy, he managed 250pts :~ )

On a side note what Lore do you prefer to use Ghrask?

My sorc is modeled as a Shadow/Death sorc so that is what ill use, I haven’t got a digital cam so I can’t take the pictures :mad

Ghrask Dragh:

This will actually be my first game as a Chaos Dwarf :cheers

I think I will leave it untill we see who we are playing before I choose a lores, though with your choices I will probably choose fire/metal just for variety.

I am also happy to fight under Uzkul’s banner! :hat off

PS. I will be taking my digital camera down, I got some pretty good pics last year and hope to do the same this year.

Uzkul Werit:

We shouldn’t need too many more models. A 2000pts game during Games Day would mean alot of time gone, just like that.

looks very smug about leading the army

Gilzam:

Is very true. 1500pts seems good, I do warn you though that I will be using a Hellcannon model for my Earthshaker as I havent converted one yet :~

I will be willing to follow you as my warlord, anything to trounce the armies of the Old World.

(Angar starts chanting hymns to Hashut as he leaves his father’s forces in Nippon and begins the long march to Uzkul Werits territory)

Hail and Kill in the name of the Fiery Bull :hashut

Uzkul Werit:

I have one of the old Big Hat Earthshakers, given to me by a GW Manager no less. Want to use it?

Gilzam:

Sure thing, please. After all I dont want to be confusing people :~ Ill still bring my crew though. Cheers :cheers

Uzkul Werit:

So that’s an Earthshaker for you and Blunderbussmen for Ghrask. Okiey dokey. Now to get those eight models painted ready for Sunday!