[Archive] UK Grand Tournament Chaos Dwarfs

Repone:

It’s awesome what you can do with green stuff and imagination (and talent of course). It’s maybe the most original army I never seen.

The painter is Fabio and on the link already given you can see his new Orc army, which is cool too.

About the CD army shown… we don’t who which army rules is used, there is a sort of Anvil, but there is a Bull Centaur too, leading a chaos dwarf unit ; since Dwarfs has not models on cavalry base, it’s propbably chaos ones.

Ghrask Dragh:

It is the standard Dwarf list he is using, he has said he uses at the Ravening Hordes list aswell though.

Baggronor:

The Bull Centaur is mounted on 2 infantry bases, he just counts as 2 guys. I had a couple of the legs lying around and thought why not.

I wanted to use the Ravening Hordes list with a green stuff Taurus, but it is no longer legal at the UK grand tournament, so I had to change to Dwarfs. Wasn’t so keen at first, but then I thought of doing a big anvil centre-piece and it all seemed a lot more viable. Which reminds me, I really should finish that Taurus…:slight_smile:

clam:

Oh! it must hurt playing them as regular dwarfs :sick - didn’t it?

But it’s a stunning army you got there. Hope you’ll bring it in the showcase section added with some more close up pics.

Baggronor:

I was reluctant at first…now I love em :slight_smile:

They are much less static than my Ravening horde army, and Hammerers are just awesome. But yeah, I miss blunderbusses and one-shotting treemen with the Black hammer :slight_smile:

Thommy H:

They are much less static than my Ravening horde army
Odd. I would assume the opposite given that Dwarfs are quite capable of just sitting there and doing nothing but shoot for the whole game, which Chaos Dwarfs don't have the range to pull off. Plus, you know, Wolf Riders and Bull Centaurs...

It depends on your army composition, of course.

Baggronor:

I have 2 big blocks of infantry, miners and slayers; I use the anvil to boost them into combat, which means quite often I get the charge, sometimes even flank charges. This leads to a lot of pursuit moves and overruns, so the army really can take the initiative in the movement phase. In the last game of the heats last year, my BSB thane and his warriors achieved their lifetime ambition of reaching my opponent’s board edge :slight_smile:

I found Dwarfs who just sit there and shoot can’t really beat empire gunlines, unless they have Thorek and miners etc. The great cannons pick off the dwarf machines very fast. Plus gunlines are boring, particularly when you have such powerful heavy infantry and reliable melee troops.

My ravening list was quite static, lots of magic, blunderbusses and earth shakers. It was quite nasty, and didn’t really move much. I found the enormous unit size for wolfboyz to be really quite a hindrance. I love Bull Centaurs…I would still take them if I could get hold of the legs. (I’m not sculpting a whole unit of cow legs:o)