[Archive] Underdeep Kickstarter

Dînadan:

Just come across this:

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/minion-miniatures-30mm-plastic-fantasy-miniatures-goblins-and-zombies/2241/

Not my cup of tea, but could be useful for anyone after something different to use as hobgoblins.

Admiral:

That Goblin Skulk is quite nice. Swap the head and it should work in Warhammer.

Dînadan:

I think it’s shouldn’t be too hard to get the standard heads to work - all you have to do is sculpt nostrils/a nose in the conventional place instead of, where they’ve placed them, in the centre of the forehead.

Dînadan:

Redirecting...

Leave off the shield and the bugbear in the middle could probably pass for a siege giant.

Admiral:

https://www.facebook.com/minionminiatures/photos/a.233055320218761.1073741828.232962863561340/274468009410825/?type=1&theater

Leave off the shield and the bugbear in the middle could probably pass for a siege giant.

Dînadan
Contrary to that I think the shield is what makes it a nice Chaos Giant to be used by Chaos Dwarfs or WoC. ;)

It's not really a siege giant in the Tamurkhan sense of the word, with grappling hooks and blades for arms, but it would still fulfill a "tank" role, absorbing heavy fire and bashing stuff to pieces. Including fortress gates.

Also, you could plant him in a narrow gorge or pass to cover your retreat, cut off the enemy's advance and generally act as a roadblock, letting your precious Dawi Zharr and warmachines get away or pinning the enemy down to give you a better chance for circumventing or preparing an ambush further down the road.

Actually... that shield is what sells him to me. Please keep us updated on when he goes for sale. I sorely need something to fill out the army's points, and a Giant is fun if nothing else.

The armour could be tinkered with, and I'll have to consider whether to turn him into an overgrown, armoured Minotaur or keep him as a small but strong Chaos Giant, perhaps swollen from a common human in heinous rituals?

The head would have to be switched, of course.

Dînadan:

Agreed the shield works very well, shame siege giants can’t have shields (although that could be an upgrade for giants in general for a siege supplement).

Going by the other pics on the Facebook page, his left forearm looks like it’s moulded into the shield, so if you were to leave it off there’d be room to add scaling blades/claws and that big mace looks like it’d be good for battering down walls/gates anyway :wink:

As for the head, I don’t think you’d need to switch it, personally I think it looks good as is; and if you wanted to go down the Minotaur route, I think with your sculpting skills Admiral it’d be a doddle to give him a bovine muzzle - he already has the horns :wink:

Dînadan:

Actually... that shield is what sells him to me. Please keep us updated on when he goes for sale. I sorely need something to fill out the army's points, and a Giant is fun if nothing else.

Admiral
Kickstarter is live - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1629942774/minion-miniatures