[Archive] Unit Cheat Sheets

Groznit Goregut:

You know what I would love to see? Someone with some skill in graphics make a cheat sheet for each unit we have in the game. Something I could print out and have on hand. For one, I don’t like taking my Tamurkhan book everywhere I got to play. It gets bashed and dinged. I hate to see it damaged. Second, I don’t like having to flip through the huge book to find what I need. Yes, there is a book mark, but it covers one page.

What would I like to see? Something about half a page that had a border and maybe even a picture on it. It would have all the stats of the unit and all the special rules with actual rules directly from the book. That way, I can look up the special rules right on the card and not have to pull out the book. It would be so convenient!

You could also just hand over a card to your opponent when he goes “what does that do again?”.

If someone did it to look like the spell cards, it would be a thing of beauty.

Of course, something like that could never get posted on here as it would break copy right rules. I would never suggest anyone should break copy right rules and give away GW intellectual property away. Still…it would be really cool and convenient!

snowblizz:

So what’s wrong with an armylist with all the stats and rules? Like eg the stuff you get from Armybuilder.

Vogon:

I photographed all the relevant pages and printed them off as a little booklet.

The guy in the store knows I have the book and want to look after it so is fine with me taking along my printed sheets instead of the full book.

Cheers

Vogon

Groznit Goregut:

@snowblizz: It would be nice to have the exact wording of the rules handy. They usually give just bits.

@Vogon: That’s not a bad idea. I might have to try that.

Vogon:

If you PDF the pictures into one document you can get it to print as a booklet which looks pretty good :slight_smile:

Cheers

Vogon

NoisyAssassin:

So what's wrong with an armylist with all the stats and rules? Like eg the stuff you get from Armybuilder.

snowblizz
Many people find Armybuilder's presentation extreemely hard to read. Not to mention that it isn't very pretty!

RichardC1967:

So what's wrong with an armylist with all the stats and rules? Like eg the stuff you get from Armybuilder.

snowblizz
Many people find Armybuilder's presentation extreemely hard to read. Not to mention that it isn't very pretty!

NoisyAssassin
only players that play elves need pretty army sheets..;P

Groznit Goregut:

RichardC1967
By your logic, you don't need those nifty spell cards, too! ;P I want something more than a 3x5.

RichardC1967:

RichardC1967
By your logic, you don't need those nifty spell cards, too!  ;P  I want something more than a 3x5.

Groznit Goregut
3x5 Hell no!!! nothing smaller than 8x11 for me...

Da Crusha:

@ groznit: I made cards from a Magic the gathering Card editor online, downloaded the all text template and made spell cards and cheat sheets for the destroyer and hellcannon. before the game I hand them to my opponent so they can read what my stuff does.

I keep the card on the field with the troop for easy access.

@Richard: YEAH! I love seeing those.

Groznit Goregut:

3x5 Hell no!!! nothing smaller than 8x11 for me...

RichardC1967
That is nothing but win... :hat off

Veshnakar:

I, like Vogon, made a booklet too. What would be really nice is to make a cheat reference sheet for opponents so you don’t have to explain EVERYTHING when you play against someone who hasn’t faced the LoA. That’s what I’ll be working on.

snowblizz:

@snowblizz: It would be nice to have the exact wording of the rules handy. They usually give just bits.

Groznit Goregut
Nothing stops you from adding the exact wording yourself.
The lack of full rules is not a feature, it's a courtesy to GW with the hope of not getting shut down by them.

snowblizz

NoisyAssassin
So change it to a format you like.
There's a huge gap between "it can't be done" and "I don't want to do it myself".

Obviously I have used the rosters for such a long time I can't see how they are hard to read. But still. I'm just pointing out is perfectly possible to solve all those things without asking other people do all the work and breach copyrights.
By your logic, you don't need those nifty spell cards, too!

Groznit Goregut
And they are absolutely not needed. In fact there is even an instance where having them harms you the player.