[Archive] "Unit filler" for Bretonnian Men-at-Arms

Singleton Mosby:

Over the past couple of days I’ve made this unit filler for my 50 models M@A horde. They are mostly old 3rd edition models altough I also use the occasional Perry minis such as the casualties.

The idea is a cannonball has plowed a furrow of death through the ranks. In the rear a guy is dead or dying. The soldier in front is not all that happy either, his arm being ripped off. Couldn’t get the camera working so I had to make this pictures with my phone…

rpitts2004:

Looks awesome. however knowing how brettonian men at arms are, you might need a unit of all fillers =D

Bolg:

Looking Good! Will your army be finished for next weeks tournament or ‘ready’ ?

Singleton Mosby:

Looking Good! Will your army be finished for next weeks tournament or 'ready' ?

Bolg
It will be "ready" for the tournament, not finished.
Next to that my entire army is far from ready as i've just gotten myself two new trebuchets, three pegasus knights and 48 more men-at-arms. You can never have enough of those :cheers

Abecedar:

I like this heaps. cannonball damage is always a good theme. saw a goblin one with only a pair of boots left for the first casualty last year over at “Da Waagh”

Taurian:

He should have had his shield at the ready. :slight_smile:

In one of those pics, from the angle of it, I saw the bloody grass and it looked like blood spurting out of the wound, much like what happened to the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Nice work altogether.

Kera foehunter:

Help me up !! Its a mere flesh wound… 2 arm 2 arm he yells

Yes i do like it

Singleton Mosby:

He should have had his shield at the ready. :)

Taurian
Guess he had his shield at the ready but it wasn't sturdy enough to stop a cannonball. ;)

Thanks for all the nice comments guys.
He should have had his shield at the ready. :)

In one of those pics, from the angle of it, I saw the bloody grass and it looked like blood spurting out of the wound, much like what happened to the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  Nice work altogether.

Taurian
The grass turned out better them I expectec and this is exactly what I will do for another unit. The idea is to attempt a cannonball in mid-air having just struck a spearman.

Marduk:

You can never have enough of those :cheers

Singleton Mosby
Totally! :cheers

Da Crusha:

very cool unit filler.

Marduk:

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Excellent work. Congratulations.

Ublivent:

Very nice I like

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

speedygogo:

I like them! They have a Monty Python and the Holy Grail feel to them. I keep thinking of the black knight and his loss of limbs.

Abecedar:

Draw him closer lads… I’ll bite his ankle