[Archive] Using 20mm as 25mm, Any ideas?

gIL^:

Ok this forum has once again convinced me to start another chaos dwarf army.

I want to actually make a WoC but with CD’s but i still want to use 20mm bases incase i want to use them as Dwarfs as something.

So im thinking is there any special movement trays that can make 20mm bases represent 25mm?

Thanks.

GRNDL:

There was some notes on doing this in Warhammer Ancients 1 and it really only came down to scaling the distances travelled etc. So long as all the models are scaled appropriately, there shouldn’t be a problem. WAB players sometimes use 15mm models instead of the usual 28/30mm/heroic scales, but lets face it, most Ancients armies will be human and scaled equally anyway. I guess you should only be worried about scaling the monsters. I can’t remember what they said about Elephants and the like.

furrie:

The problem I can see with GRNDL’s solution, is that every army needs to be scaled. Another option will be to create your own movement trays wich makes it so that the 20mm goes to 25mm.

zobo1942:

A quick search, and this may be your solution:

Base 1 Conversion Trays from Battlezone Miniatures - Battlezone Miniatures

Rank bases 20mm - 25mm, as well as single figure conversion bases - hope this helps!

furrie:

just tough of something. You could also magnatize your base and minis, so you can switch bases when need

Da Crusha:

I was going to do use my cds as WoC so I got a bunch of the 25mm bases from a demon player who mounted all of his minis on round bases to use in 40k or fantasy. I then just used blue tac to tack the 25mm bases under the 20mm bases. it looked fine, it did the job well and it was a cheap solution.

nitroglysarine:

http://www.terrainwarehouse.co.uk/category.aspx?CategoryID=148

Rank bases 20mm - 25mm, as well as single figure conversion bases - hope this helps!

zobo1942
Good find, might get me a few of those if I ever get a game and they are picky about the CD rules.

Swissdictator:

I think the solution, using a movement tray as linked, is the best solution.

I have a friend who made an army to work either as Cult of Ulric Empire or a Marauder/Bear themed Empire list. He uses such movement trays and they work wonderfully. I’ve never heard any complaints.

cornixt:

I made one for mine. Never actually used it though. Just used my regular cardboard one and added strips of card so it looked like the one in the photo (although I did it years ago). I planned to make a grid that could be placed within the tray as an option rather than permanent, but I never even started on it.

gIL^:

http://www.terrainwarehouse.co.uk/category.aspx?CategoryID=148

zobo1942
Thats exactly what i needed, Thanks.

zobo1942:

You’re welcome.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.