[Archive] Using CD Units In WoC Armies

Maetco:

On pg 186 (or similar) there are rules how to use CD units in WoC lists. If I’m understanding them correctly you don’t have to use Great Host rules for this and should be allowed to use them “automatically” with the described exceptions (eg. all warmachines are Rare).

What is the general concensus on this; am I allowed to make a normal WoC list with eg. a Daemonsmith as a Hero choise and Magma Cannon as a Rare choise? How allowed / accepted is this in tournaments?

Malorndk:

It’s not accepted in tournaments. There you’ll have to go with the Legion of Azgorh or Warriors of Chaos as fair as I know. But then again: Tournaments have varied comp systems, rules and way they do their stuff. Ask in advance is always a good thing to do.

Baggronor:

The general consensus (at least here) is that Warriors are obnoxiously powerful and adding Magma Cannons to them isn’t going to fix that :wink: I’ve yet to see any event that allows mixing the two army lists.

Maetco:

Thanks for the replies. I only play friendly matches (that’s why I don’t know anything about tournaments without asking) but our gaming group usually prefers to use the interpretations that are generally used in tournaments.

Admiral:

Rules aside, any self-respecting Chaos Warrior megalomaniac should have a contingent of Chaos Dwarf allies or mercenaries in his host.

Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed:

Rules aside, any self-respecting Chaos Warrior megalomaniac should have a contingent of Chaos Dwarf allies or mercenaries in his host.

Admiral
QFT!!

Bloodbeard:

For our Demon Prince Furnace Avatar project I’ve come up with the following “list”. I’ll try to run something like it in the future, but only in friendly games with usual suspects.

Bloodbeard Wrote:

In 2000 point battles going something like this:

WOC-part 1000:

Lord: Demon Prince - 235p

Core: Warriors (Black orcs, gleaming pennant for LD-reroll lacking BSB ) warhounds (wolves), chariots (converted with 4 hobgoblins in each due to 4 attacks), marauders (almost orc profile! No animosity and -1T due to slave nature) - 250p

Special: Infernal Guard 290p (still allows magic banner!)

Rare: Hell Cannon 210p

CD-part 1000:

Heroes: Castellan BSB (working on IG unit 1), daemonsmith - 250 p

Core: Include hobgoblins and second infernal (magic banner 2!) regiment 250p (minimum)

Special: Magma Cannon, Death Shrieker, Bull Centauers up to 500p

Rare: Perhaps some wolf raiders.

The orcs would be a good reason why the BSB re-roll can’t be used in all the WoC list. But can still be used on WoC hell cannon and WoC infernal guard.