[Archive] Using Minotaurs as unit fillers in IG

Morgr Ashbeard:

What do you think about using a minotaur as a unit filler in a unit of Chaos dwarfs Infernal guard? A real child of Hashut i would see them as! I am thinking one or two in the unit. Maybe some chain to make it look like they are captured pets?

Admiral:

I do that already. It’s an AoW Minotaur, with some minor conversions to turn it more to the Dawi Zharr side of things.

Chaos Dwarfs already have Minotaurs in Blood bowl, so why not have some in Fantasy as well? It’s a Chaos bull creature of sorts, although obviously it couldn’t be as venerated as Bull Centaurs or Tauruses. Adding chains is a good idea.

Related to this topic: The Twelve Trials of the Two Bull Spawns

Morgr Ashbeard:

Love your story! Very clever and written in the style of an old fable…good work

Admiral:

Thanks! :cheers

There are a lot more like that in the fluff section of the forum.

Abecedar:

I’ve got a Reaper mercenary minotaur for my BloodBowl Team. Any of the team are always on-call to fill some ranks in the regiments if needs be.

So a 40x40 base for the minotaur and some chains going to a few of his “handlers” either side should be all you need.

Bloodbeard:

Do it! I love unitfillers. They can add a lot of life to a unit, make some difference in height. In every single unit I make there will be a unitfiller of some kind.

Perhaps make your minotaur look like a slave with some chains, collar, something to minize damage to your own troops. I’ll make a slave ogre for one of my regiments.

There’s this cool thread going on

gIL^:

Well there isn’t really any fluff either way.

Chaos dwarfs might consider all beastmen as unclean like the rest of the warriors of chaos or may infact take a considerably different approach.

In the end it’s your army. Go for it :smiley:

Abecedar:

In IG may be a point, but putting a minotaur in a hobgob unit surely wouldn’t offend the CD’s sensibiliies

Ben Saunders:

I've got a Reaper mercenary minotaur for my BloodBowl Team. Any of the team are always on-call to fill some ranks in the regiments if needs be.

Abecedar
As others have said, Minotaurs featured with CD in Blood Bowl, so my view is why not?

@Abecedar: I'm curious as to how your BB team are based though - if they're on 25mm round bases (BB standard) then the rest of the team aren't very practical as fillers.

Abecedar:

I’m not a serious BB player and the league stephen tried to start up here only got three or four interested players.  Not quite enough people really and it is faltering.
Anyway, I put them on 20mm square bases.  The BC’s on 30mm square MDF bases. I intend to make some 50x75’s that they will fit into to use them in my army.  And the Minotaur is on a 40mm base.

Ben Saunders:

I did that with some BB minis. I don’t mind square bases (though many people prefer round), but it can be hard to fit the ball on a 20mm base. Anyway .

Abecedar:

I did that with some BB minis. I don't mind square bases (though many people prefer round), but it can be hard to fit the ball on a 20mm base. Anyway .

Ben Saunders
I'll worry about the ball when I actually get ahold of one for longer than one move

Bloodbeard:

I did that with some BB minis. I don't mind square bases (though many people prefer round), but it can be hard to fit the ball on a 20mm base. Anyway .

Ben Saunders
I'll worry about the ball when I actually get ahold of one for longer than one move

Abecedar
Using square bases on Bloodbowl Miniatures instead of round ones - is like putting a leek in a bloody mary instead of celery. It's just not right.

I use 20mm round bases for hobgoblins and bull centuars and then a 32mm base for my minotaur. A 32mm base still fit inside the game squares.

Abecedar:

Only girls drink Bloody Mary’s and the only leek I have is after a few beers. Take that you bearded person you

Sorry Morgr. I think we have absconded with your thread.

I might have accepted putting lemonade in a beer (shandy) or putting horns a vikings helmet maybe