[Archive] Valuation of Signed Elmore Masterworks Mountain Giant

Necrotique:

So I recently rediscovered my Mountain Giant by Darksword Minatures, mint in box (still in shrinkwrap) signed by both Elmore and Summers (artist and sculpter) in June '96.

Ah, the joys of moving house and re-finding everything :smiley:

Anyhow, I was wondering what the going rate for it would be. I really want to use it in my army but was wondering if it’d be worth more to keep it or sell it. It still holds a lot of sentimental value, so I was wondering if, if I do use it, I should cut out the front panel of the box (the part with the signatures) and laminate it?

Just need your opinion on it as I’d love to have a Mountain Giant in my army but I might as well get another one and keep my signed one in mint condition for collector’s purposes.

:cheers

Zanko:

Do you mean this Giant?

:hashut

Necrotique:

Yuppers

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

nitroglysarine:

Isn’t that the one that’s worth a fair old price?

Necrotique:

The cheapest I’ve seen on eBay lately was about 50-60GBP I think. They’re worth a small fortune in mint condition, but I’m not entirely sure of the actual going rate for them

Blue in VT:

Well its a Great looking Giant for sure…I love the pigs on his belt. I would check with a forum like the Collecting Citadel Miniatures Yahoo group…while this one isn’t Citadel most of those guys know most ranges like the back of their hand. I’d be happy to post a thread over there if you would like.

I’m sure some collector would pay more for the signed copy.

Cheers,

Blue

G.2:

@ Blue: I thought I saw you hanging out over at the CCM Yahoo Group.

I would check with a forum like the Collecting Citadel Miniatures Yahoo group…while this one isn’t Citadel most of those guys know most ranges like the back of their hand.

Blue in VT
This is a great idea. The people on that group are very good at knowing a lot about old minis.
I’m sure some collector would pay more for the signed copy.

Blue in VT
I was thinking the same thing. I would keep the box intact and the signatures would definately add to the value of the mini/product.

I am not too sure about the shrink wrap though. I beleive that some SERIOUS collectors (especially of plastic models) remove the shrink wrap as it continues to shrink over the years, and can start crushing the box. - But you will need to do some more research on this. Especially if you are planning on keeping it as an investment.

Necrotique:

@Blue - That’d be awesome if you could create a thread for me :slight_smile: Cheers mate

@G.2 - Thanks for that info - I’ll look into it. I would have done all this earlier but I’d only just found him from in storage again haha.

I love the model so I’d probably use it if it’s not much of an investment.

Blue in VT:

No sweat…I’ll see what they have to say.

Blue

Zanko:

At a German online shop (Miniaturenland) you can still buy the giant for 49.99 Euros.

… and they say that they still have one which were signed by Larry Elmore, Dave Summers und Jim Ludwig!

:hashut

Necrotique:

Ah well, I s’pose I’ll use it in my Chaos Army and keep the signed box :wink:

Thanks for the help guys

Blue in VT:

yeah sounds like a decent plan…the guys over at CCM weren’t much help…sorry

Blue

Necrotique:

That’s fine mate, thanks for looking :slight_smile:

I’ve assembled the Mountain Giant, converted to be holding the club up rather than at his side. This in turn makes him look much more agressive, which I’m happy with.