[Archive] vampires and how to deafet them

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

dam wraiths they are so good

Grish:

Did you lose again? What list did you take, what list did he take?

Deebo:

The interesting thing about the new VC is that Vampire general's are hiding now with the helm of command rather than fighting.  Vampires are going to have big magic phases so you will have to allocate your magic defense to stop the spell you can't afford to go off.  Lizardmen can do well against the VC. The key to beating them is character hunting and using the lore of light is very effective against them.  If you have strong shooting and magic back with a couple of fighty units you should be fine.

speedygogo
The only problem with that is they are playing 1000 point games leaving only Skink Priests which can only use the lore of Heavens.

What did you hit the wraiths with? or did they get you?
Remember that they can still lose combat and die evan if you dont hit them... 2 big cheap units, one in the front and one in the side (or better if you can) should hurt them every time.

Did you lose again? What list did you take, what list did he take?

Grish
no i did't it was just reading through the post and every one is telling me about wraiths and zorn did't use them. i'm scared :o

Grish:

A unit of 5 wraiths against saurus, without the helm, would deal 4 wounds a turn. Taking that Saurus have 3 full ranks, outnumber, standard, they would win the combat by 1 dealing a point of damage back. Next turn, they’re down to 2 full ranks, outnumber, standard, musician, so you’d win cR again, killing a single wraith. Eventually I think the wraiths would chew you up. If they have the helm, it’s 5-6 kills a round on average.

And for the LZ to take care of Wraiths in a 1000 pt game with a fully ranked block of saurus? That one unit of saurus is more than 1/4 of your points, more than the wraiths.

@Deebo, what 2 big, cheap units of LZ were you looking at to take out Wraiths in a 1000 pt game? The only thing that will hurt them is magic or magic weapons at this level. A fully ranked unit of infantry will really hurt any kind of shooting phase for LZ.

zorn sabretooth:

i used a vampire a necromancer zombies and ghouls and i used my cd to stand in for extra zombies @ godbob the reason i beat you is because zombies are cheap and i outnumbered you

got to get me some wraiths!!

i used a vampire a necromancer zombies and ghouls and i used my cd to stand in for extra zombies @ godbob the reason i beat you is because zombies are cheap and i outnumbered you
got to get me some wraiths!!

zorn sabretooth
don't you dare get wraith or i'll use my slann (dam if only wraith's were 325 odd piont's i'll be able to use him)

Grish:

5 wraiths + banshee is 325. Although I think I’d rather just have 6 Wraiths