[Archive] VC Bashing Orcs...Converting Black Orcs

Abecedar:

Definitely brightened up my day seeing your work. I really have a soft spot for the argumentative buggers.

tjub:

Love the unit, so much character! :slight_smile:

clam:

Stunning work, PsychosisPC They ooze of character. You customer should be very happy with them, I’m sure.

Xander:

Awesome conversions. Love it all!

PsychosisPC:

Many thanks guys, very much appreciate the compliments. If you are in England, my guess is you will see these boyz at some point.

Next phase for this commission build…Shaman #1.

The model is simply based off of a normal orc boy model.

I had an older bare foot orc model that I mutilated awhile ago, so the feet I thought were suitable for this model. I also wanted to give him a hood and several pouches.

The troll skull is from skull pass. Added a cauldron.

Wasn’t sure if I could pull off the hands or not, the one holding the skull came out okay, but in hindsight I should have spread the fingers apart. Will have to do that next time. Its only the the 4th or 5th time I have attempted to sculpt hands or fingers, so I’m a bit new at that.

nitroglysarine:

That is the best looking shaman i’ve seen!

I’d buy one!.. If i still collected Orcs and Goblins that is :smiley:

cornixt:

That is awesome! If I’d seen it painted I would have assumed it was a fully GW sculpt, it fits in so well.

Hazkar:

awesome…nice sculpting

do you “just” sculpt it or will you also paint it for your client?

Da Crusha:

wow incredible looking shaman. Its a shame I saw this after I settled for a savage orc shaman model. I would have attempted this conversion instead… I guess I still can…

very well done. I love the pose.

PsychosisPC:

Thanks guys. Go for it crusha.

Just sculpt and converting for the client. He is painting them. I rarely paint for people. I normally don’t have enough time to paint for myself.

Well here we go, on to the building of unit #2. Like the previous unit this one will feature the big boys up front and this time I will be modeling them to brutalize skeletons.

Again the goal here is not to repeat a single model. As I was going through the first unit, and even though I’m mixing 40k boyz, the thing I’ve noticed is just the scarcity of heads and weapons. So to change that up a bit, I’m changing the heads. I’m also going to use a bit more fur.

Here is one of the up front big boys, we don’t use those weenie drums other units use. We use the big stuff. I also changed up the gun holster a bit. I think that worked well. Need to put that in the memory bank for when I do my stuff.

Swissdictator:

My friend,these are looking great. Sad to here it’s a commission so I won’t see these in any of the local tournaments.

Keep up the good work though!

The Shaman looks solid, very dynamic and characterful!

PsychosisPC:

Next up, more of the big boys for the orc boy unit #2.

Another front line Nob. Borrowed a head from the black orcs. Doesn’t show up well in this angle but the plasti-card plate has a sculpted fist on it.

The axe is from the new plastic Minotaurs. There are some really cool weapons in that box, even though the minotaurs themselves are not the best looking model. Shield from the chariot kit.

And the standard bearer. I used the ogre banner, and added the skeletal’d zombie. Again continuing the theme of taking it to the VC. The orc really isn’t all that special, but I did convert a little of him also.

This is another of the big bruisers for Orc Boyz unit #2. I like this Nob.

Not sure the mail coif turned out how I envisioned, but its different. Zombie trophy head fits in nicely with the theme. I’m happy with the look on the shield, although chaos beastmen, I think it works out very well.

nitroglysarine:

nice maile and fur work!

Skink:

Whoo-hooo! I was really hoping for a come back in this project!!! I love your sculpts mate I do!!! They look so charachterful! I like especially the last Ork you showcased, that’s awesome dude! Each of your mini tells a story.

Da Crusha:

very nice chainmail.

Hazkar:

pretty cool stuff

like that chainmail hated orc

he looks like the orcy version of a crusade knight

AGPO:

THese guys are outstanding, as per your usual work. The shamen is lovely work, especially the robe. How do you manage to get it so smooth whilst still incorperating the folds?

Skink:

Actually, on this forum there’s a blog for your daemon laegion and WoC army, but no pics of your Beastmen horde. Have you got a link/photos you want to share with us???

PsychosisPC:

How do you manage to get it so smooth whilst still incorperating the folds?

AGPO
The trick is allowing the pieces to set up slightly. I make a sort of flat smooth sheet up on a piece of plastic foil or wrapper, allow it to set up ten minutes or so, cut it too the general shape, apply it to the mini, peel off the foil and very lightly move it around to get some gentle folds, using a large look metal tool for the deeper/harsher folds. If you let it set up right, you won't leave any finger prints as long as you are very gentle with it.
Actually, on this forum there's a blog for your daemon laegion and WoC army, but no pics of your Beastmen horde. Have you got a link/photos you want to share with us????

Skink
Actually I don't have any of my first real army the Cerulean Templar space marines on here also. It is primarily that way because they are quite old armies. The Beastmen date back to about 2003, made an appearance on GW US website and an issue of White Dwarf. The blue templars date back to about 2001. My beastmen are probably still on the Herdstone somewhere and are still up on my forum the Madhouse Workshop, as are the Templars. I still pull out the beasts once and awhile for an occassional game.

A link to the Beasts: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v449/PsychosisPC/WHFB/Painted%20Beastmen/

A link to the Cerulean Templars:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v449/PsychosisPC/40K/Cerulean%20Templars/

PsychosisPC:

Hey an orc playing wack-a-mole…

I thought an orc making a nice 2-handed clubbin’ action was pretty cool…and it further advances the theme of this unit battling skeletons.