[Archive] Very nice evil dwarf at TFM

clam:

And if people haven’t noticed yet,the sorcerer is up for sale as well :smiley:

http://www.trollsforge.com/shelf_fantasy_Dwarfs.html#RozmaxEvilDwarfWizard

Willmark:

Awesome stuff got mine in the mail today.

Zanko:

Just ordered these two very cool Chaos Dwarfs!

:hashut

wallacer:

Got my TFM figure in the post yesterday. Rather cool, I must say.

Crube:

Just found this thread… Evi Dwarf - very nice, shame about the helmet - to me it’s just lazy sculpting when they cant’ be bothered to do a proper head (including you GW…) Some models look great with a helmet, but other need a face to add that bit more character - which is what I feel this needs.

A headswap would work wonders. the rest of the mini is ace.

As for the Sorceror - I’m sorry, but I’m not impressed in the slightest. To my eye it looks like something GW produced 25 years ago. Lifeless, soul less and charcter less. Just bland to the nth degree for me…

GRNDL:

Well, ironically, a lot of people are interested in the models that GW produced 25 years ago, so I guess these models are in good company. For a small company doing non-professional casts, I think they are exceptional quality and castings. They don’t have 25 years of blood money to make models.

Also, GW’s stuff isn’t that great at times. They’ve lost a lot of charm over the years, IMO.

Willmark:

I agree one of the things that have been lost since 3rd edition is options on how you equip a unit, there used to be tons of options now every unit is the same in every sing high elf army, by that I mean if you have two high elf players there is no variation, or very little.

Same with the minis. It was very cool when there was all of the mini companies that produced “sublines” of GW stuff: Ironclaw, Marauder etc.

clam:

cough … threadomancy … cough

- but this was posted in the Troll Forged Miniatures Forum today:

I’m getting the 2 evil dwarfs in spin molds but also am altering 2 of the casts making masked versions with a few detail changes, weapon swaps, etc. That way with the gun armed dwarf you will have 5 very nice dwarf options already for people!

I was planing to add the little guy’s (read: Rozmax Trolliks) but wanted to be able to spin 5 at a time and am working out the best way to cut the resins if need be. My goal is to spin 10 of the dwarf and little buggers at a session.

Ed Fortae aka Troll Forged/Hive Trygon
Think I’ll be getting myself a Black Dwarf Blunderbuss anytime soon, now :smiley: