[Archive] Vomiting demon cannon <even more WIP shots> 24 february '11

Borador:

Hey all!

Hope you had a nice christmas :slight_smile:

As I said in my other thread about this beasty, I have started working on it AND made some WIP shots (although they are outdated as I speak, but hey, better something, than nothing, right?)

The body

The demon’s head

And for those of you who haven’t seen the sketches yet, here’s a link

vomiting demon cannon sketches

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Fequiil:

me’s curious.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Borador:

Hehe just you wait and see :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: will work on it a bit this week, but can not say for sure when the next update pics are online though.

Fequiil:

alright, i’ll wait…

Borador:

Sorry mate, camera at my mom’s place is broken, so I’ll have to wait like 2 weeks until I am at my dad’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fequiil:

Sorry mate, camera at my mom's place is broken, so I'll have to wait like 2 weeks until I am at my dad's ;P

Borador
totally understandable. (got the same issues...)

Merchant:

Sad mate, but I do also look forwar to see some new pics :smiley:

Borador:

Thanks for the encouraging comments ^^

Borador:

UPDATE! =D

added some chubbyness to his corpulent torso haha

and added rabbitears and the horns to his head, like in the drawing =D

all still quite rough though, but hey, tell me what you think =]

there wont be an update (or at least a bigger one) for a while, got a load of tests upcoming!

cheers,

- Borador

nitroglysarine:

good scale, looks good, how does it lie on a flat base? -does it look right?

are you going to put rings into the flesh to ‘hold him down’ ?

Borador:

@nitroglysarine

Yeah I filed the bottom down before adding most of the fat so he looks quite good on a flat base thingy ^^ that is actually a better idea than my one, i wanted to go for metal strips pinned to the demons base (a wooden board thingy)

Gonna try that ^^ with something like chains attached to them =D

Thanks for the positive feedback and for the idea mate ^^

Cheers,

- Borador

Borador:

Hey all!

I am looking for some more feedback, anyone has some ideas to add to the demon?

Any kind of C&C welcome! ;D

Hazkar:

i dont really understand how it should fire.does the canonballs come out of his mouth or works it like the arse cannon?

and will he get legs and arms or is he a maggot looking demon?

Borador:

i dont really understand how it should fire.does the canonballs come out of his mouth or works it like the arse cannon?

and will he get legs and arms or is he a maggot looking demon?

Hazkar
I added a link to the concept thread in the first post, it´s explained a bit clearer there. Short explaination here: He will get a cannonball stuffed into his mouth, then a CD will beat him with a ball and chain in his stomach, so he will throw up and then fire the cannonball.

I am planning on giving him really small arms and feet, so it looks kind of comical, like he is so fat that he can´t stand up anymore.

nitroglysarine:

Might I suggest a few double chins, so to show the throat’s power to propell??

This came to mind as a ‘fat demon/vampire’ - its from Blade 1, his name was Pearl.

Borador:

Might I suggest a few double chins, so to show the throat's power to propell??

This came to mind as a 'fat demon/vampire' - its from Blade 1, his name was Pearl.

nitroglysarine
Lol he kinda looks alike!

But yeah I was thinking about multiple double chins (see concept drawing ;P) ((Inspired by Don Vito from Viva La Bam haha ))

Willmark:

I think I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that…

Borador:

I think I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that...

Willmark
Hahaha xD
And from your response, I am just freely interpretting that this is about Pearl, not my level of sculpting ;P

Cheers,

- Borador

Borador:

More WIP shots, got rid of the horns though and his face has more detail at the moment, but do not have pictures of that yet. Also, the surfaces and stuff are a lot smoother (my dad made me some shots in between sessions ;P)
Enough talking, here come the photos:

Cannonball:

Demon:

Tell me what you think please!

Cheers,

Borador

that guy:

looks like your on the right track.Definately interested to see where it goes from here.If you need some more inspiration beyond that disgusting thing from Blade look up the Brood Mother from Dragon Age