[Archive] W: Great Taurus and Hobgoblin Bosses

Nicodemus:

Update

Thanks so far everyone! If I haven’t responded it’s because I’ve gotten the two taurus models I needed:

Also, the left-side of the Taurus body (metal) is gone:

The outstanding models I’m looking for are:

One more Hobgoblin Bigboss #2 models

Two Hobgoblin Boss #2 models

Also want some of the old Citadel Hobgoblins, i.e.

Shaman from C36 series

Rocket Team

Hobhounds and master

some of the C36 hobgoblins

Mighty Throg and his Hobgoblin Despoilers of the Dark Lands

(maybe others, but I’d have to see them as some aren’t my cup of tea)

I’m happy to pay by Paypal, or I would consider a trade. Right now I have extras of:

Lammasu and Sorcerer rider (part primed)

Sorcerer rider (not primed, separate from the above models)

Bull Centaur standard bearer (not assembled, not primed)

~40 plastic Chaos Dwarf Warriors (not primed)

~N

Blue in VT:

damn! I have the hobgob boss on a wolf but not these guys…sorry.

Blue

G.2:

I have a Great Taurus, which I would consider trading for some Metal Big Hat warriors. Are you interested in trading?

zobo1942:

I  may have what you’re looking for…

EDIT: The bigboss, anyway - I just realized the other one is different.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Can you PM me a price suggestion for the Lammasu (and rider) and the BCSB, please? Or see if you want any of my tradeables :wink:

silentbob27:

I also have a single left side of the taurus body (top right of the image) if someone has spare parts ;)  I realize GW is selling the Taurus as a stand alone model again so I'm really just looking to get a better deal rather than pay full price for a brand new one.

Nicodemus
Heh, Funny thing there.
You know what, I have a single metal right side of the Taurus body. Not sure where or when I got it, but has been sitting in my bits box for a decade. I have no other spare pieces either. Just a random half torso...

Nicodemus:

I also have a single left side of the taurus body (top right of the image) if someone has spare parts ;)  I realize GW is selling the Taurus as a stand alone model again so I'm really just looking to get a better deal rather than pay full price for a brand new one.

Nicodemus
Heh, Funny thing there.
You know what, I have a single metal right side of the Taurus body. Not sure where or when I got it, but has been sitting in my bits box for a decade. I have no other spare pieces either. Just a random half torso...

silentbob27
Ha! No way!! Well, we should get them together!

silentbob27:

What do you want for it? I have a conversion in mind…

Nicodemus:

What do you want for it? I have a conversion in mind...

silentbob27
Just a few dollars plus shipping I guess, or a trade. If it's a trade then no shipping. I'm mostly just ineterested in Chaos Dwarfs, Hobgoblins and/or things that could be used for conversions for their of those groups or as slaves for them (I prefer Snotlings, Goblins, 40K Gretchins/Grots or simiar) but in more unique positions than just the rank and file models from kits.

.. or the scared peasant from the Giant kit or any similar human or greenskin GW model.

Models with open hands and/or extended fingers (or bitz) is another...

silentbob27:

I have a ton of bits and such I could trade. You looking for the most modern Goblins/Night Goblins or will the older plastic and metal ones work for you?

I also have many bitz with open hands and/or extended fingers. You looking for human size or any other races (or mutations)?

Nicodemus:

I have a ton of bits and such I could trade. You looking for the most modern Goblins/Night Goblins or will the older plastic and metal ones work for you?

I also have many bitz with open hands and/or extended fingers. You looking for human size or any other races (or mutations)?

silentbob27
Sorry for the delay... started to type a message and then my buddy arrived for part 2 of our Storm of Magic campaign ;)

Older or newer goblins and/or metal or plastic doesn't matter to me, just as long as they aren't the basic Core warriors as I've got loads of them already.

For the hands, I'm looking for human-sized ones mostly, and/or goblin/orc/skaven, etc. I have a bunch of the open hands that come with some of the Skaven bitz, I think it's a left hand and I've got probably 12 of them around here, but not too many other kinds. I like using them on slaves that are being tossed into a furnace or what ever, closed fists are just too easy.

Let me know what you have, either with pics or let me know what models they are from so I can look them up.

silentbob27:

So you are looking for slave type minis. Well, going through my bitz I found that the Zombie sprues are great for open hands, and I have a ton.

In addition to that, combining some of the zombie parts with regular human heads makes for a beaten down slave look.

I will add the flagellant that is in the stocks. he looks like a good prisoner.

Here is what i mean:

Is this the stuff you are looking for?

Nicodemus:

Just posted an update to the first post in the thread

Still looking for Hobgoblin Bigboss #1 and one or two Hobgoblin Boss #2 models.

… oh, and if anyone has any of the old Citadel Hobgoblins they want to part with, I may be interested. Some of them are not my cup of tea (rather ugly in my opinion anyway) but others, such as the shaman, rocket team, etc. are on my wanted list :wink:

Thanks again everyone!

~N

zobo1942:

Regarding hands, have you looked at the Mantic ‘ghoul’ sprue?

Check it out:

Might work?

Nicodemus:

I have that ghoul sprue actually. I found the hands were too thin for most applications, even as Goblin hands they were a bit thin. Maybe as Snotling hands… but I ended up using some of them on my undead/skeletal Chaos Dwarf conversions… and even there the hand looked small, but it’d holding his own skull so it won’t be as noticeable :wink:

Abecedar:

Hey Nico’. I have a Hobgob rocket Launcher and crew I could spare (don’t think I’ll ever really get all six of them onto the pitch), Is the Bull Centaur Standard still available?. Also have a spare D2 Hobgoblin "Champion.

Abecedar:

Thanks for this trade mate. Might have to try this myself soon too fill out the ranks of what I missing instead of waiting for someone else to offer up what I need. But the thought of letting go of “spares or extras” is very hard. I’m greedy and want to keep them all

Nicodemus:

But the thought of letting go of "spares or extras" is very hard.  I'm greedy and want to keep them all

Abecedar
Yeah, I'm that way too! Although 4 Bull Centaurs with standards really is more than I need ;) .. so are 5 Lammasu and over 200 plastic Warriors but I may have a need for them *some* day! :P

Abecedar:

way behind ya, only two tauri & lammasus, and 30 odd plastics as i started out not real fond of big hats. But now i want them aswell just to have them all and I only need 1 x Targ Toothface to complete the 3rd Ed’s and 1 MM90 6c to complete them and only 7 or so 3rd eds to have a complete second set. and then its onto the hobgobbo’s and then …

Hashut’s Blessing:

If you want rid of one of the BC SBs and a lammasu (with rider?), I may be interested :wink: