[Archive] Want to earn some slaves? Of course you do!

Xander:

Hey guys, I was thinking about ways I can offer up slaves to you guys, and a good idea I had was to do with the compilation threads in the Hobby section of the forums. In those compilations, as you may know, we link to articles in that section. We try not to miss any, but some slip through the cracks. If you see a good thread in the Showcase section, for example, and it isn’t archived in the Compiled Gallery section yet, make a post in the compilation thread with the link to the thread, the name of the thread starter and whether the models in the thread have Hats, Masks, or Helms, or a combination of those.

If you post to a good thread that we have missed, the Mods/Admins will update the section and award a slave to you for bringing it to our attention!

:hat off

minty:

i don’ need to earn any i can award myself them apparently, please fix that before my daruchii mind awards me 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 slaves

Xander:

It says “Edit” for you, does it Minty?

Thommy H:

I assume we don’t get any for nominating our own…

Xander:

Actually, you do! Provided they are not utter trash, blurry pics, etc!

If it’s a thread that needs archiving, it’s worth a slave!

The reason I am doing this is because the Compilation sections are one of the first things new users and onlookers are going to look at. Some of the best threads can get buried way back in the forum, so the compilations serve to keep them a few clicks away. :slight_smile:

I will probably be a little more selective in the Ideas section, since I have no formal definition for that compilation thread.

wallacer:

Well, if it isn’t poor form to post about one’s own army then I shall do so.

The link to my compiled gallery post is here:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5504

I shall name my new slave… Percy (Percy the Goblin).

Thommy H:

I’ll wait 'till I get some fresh photos up before nominating my army. I’m right in the middle of basing them all as we speak.

Xander:

Nice!

Thommy H:

I hope so!

minty:

yerp boss, one edit button that i don’t want

hehe, gallerys are fun, i was looking through the complations and there some very good work on this forum

Xander:

yerp boss, one edit button that i don't want

hehe, gallerys are fun, i was looking through the complations and there some very good work on this forum

minty
Odd, it's only supposed to be available to Admins and Super Mods. *shrugs*

Not sure what to do about that, as the settings are correct...

Pyro Stick:

What about the sorceror in my army. And every other model when they are completed. But just the sorceror for now. And maybe Astragoth, hes quite done. https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6279

Xander:

FYI, at the bottom of every thread you can rate it:

Rate This Thread: [Select Rating] [Go]

Normally this isn’t very important, but in the Hobby Section: Showcase, Conversions and Ideas. It’s important!

You can sort the sections by rating which is useful for finding good content! Currently, I am on the only person rating anything! XD

minty:

Xander, you realy need to put a user manual on this site, it’s starting to confuse me :slight_smile:

Xander:

Hehe, not a bad plan. But would anyone read it? Hehe, we have instructional posts all over, I guess they need some organizing. ^^;