[Archive] Want Wiki

Ancient History:

Fixit, plz.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

fondu77:

+1 !!!

cornixt:

We’re still waiting to hear back from some guy. I’d like it to be back up and running too.

cornixt:

The wiki lives again! We have a lot of work to do to get the catalog up to speed again.

Ancient History:

Woot!

cornixt:

Like a pheonix rising from the flames, here is the first partially complete page of the wiki catalogue:

[[Chaos Dwarf Models - 2nd and 3rd edition]]

There is still loads more to come and fill in the blanks. Special thanks to Clam for not only having all the models but also taking such good photos and cataloging them so well. This will be ten times better than

Kera foehunter:

great job!! who ever took the time to take all those pictures

Thommy H:

So, okay, since we need to replace all the GW pictures, what’s our policy on artwork now? I think in the past we kind of felt that anything posted on the site was fair game, but now we should perhaps be a bit more wary.

For example - could we use pictures submitted for the Word of Hashut? Stuff that’s been posted on the forum? Would the relevant parties be cool with that?

cornixt:

Hehe, forgot that I hadn’t finished writing it. “…than before.”

We are still sorely lacking any of the pre 4th edition Hobgoblins.

The 4th edition models will go up next week, I’ve got them in my queue and I don’t think there are any missing. Plus I will link the catalogue pages up nicely. I’ll be offline all weekend.

As for artwork, as long as the artist agrees to it then we’ll put it up. We can’t assume that they’ll agree to it just because it was submitted to WoH, so we’ll have to ask. Until then, we’ll have to make do.

Kera foehunter:

So cornixt are you rebuilding wiki for us

cornixt:

Only the bits that got broken by GW’s legal team. The rest is all fine, and there are several contributers who put in a lot of work too.

clam:

Wow, you are working fast - great job, Cornixt :hat off

It look’s so nice. Can’t hardly recognize my own pictures :wink:

I’ll try a fill in af few of the blanks - but can’t help you with the old hobgoblin’s, though

Willmark:

So, okay, since we need to replace all the GW pictures, what's our policy on artwork now? I think in the past we kind of felt that anything posted on the site was fair game, but now we should perhaps be a bit more wary.

For example - could we use pictures submitted for the Word of Hashut? Stuff that's been posted on the forum? Would the relevant parties be cool with that?

Thommy H
My thought is this if its a a members of the site posting stuff then I'm guessing that most anyone is going to be fine with it.

For obvious reasons any GW related art will be verboten.

Pyro Stick:

So what actually needs fixing up? Is it just pictures or did some text need to be taken down as well?

Kera foehunter:

any  updates ???

Grimstonefire:

The wiki is back up.  This thread is not really relevant any more.  I doubt cornixt would want to give regular updates, and being a wiki anyone is capable of making changes.

cornixt:

The wiki has been up for ages, I even wrote a thread about it and the new pages I put on for the catalogue (check them out and tell me if you have any personal pics of the missing models, ie not GW catalog pages). There have been a few spammers hitting it in the last few days, but their pages haven’t lasted more than a day.

clam:

Sure I must have told you already, but better safe than sorry - right? :wink:

- so I can provide individual pictures (like those I did for the GW models) of: Heresy, Hasslefree, AoW, Metal Magic, Grenadier and Twisted Tales. So just let me know - if those are needed!

clam:

Fix it, please.

Frontpage/index isn’t working - but direct links do.

cornixt:

Working fine at my end.