[Archive] Wargames Factory Orcs

tjub:

Dont remember if this has been posted before, it probably has… :stuck_out_tongue:

Far from the best models, but might work for someone on a tight budget?

nitroglysarine:

Yeah, i was considering these guys for my army.

But i’m a bit put off because they have been on ‘pre-order’ since november.

I’d like to see the sprues (a picture of) and see the weapon options tbh.

snowblizz:

Yeah, i was considering these guys for my army.
But i'm a bit put off because they have been on 'pre-order' since november.
I'd like to see the sprues (a picture of) and see the weapon options tbh.

nitroglysarine
Well Wargames Factory has been having "issues", changes to ownership and management and "stuff", accusations flying in all directions things like that. Just relating what I saw mentioned elsewhere.

nitroglysarine:

Fair enough, then i’ll certainly wait until they pop up again; just in case.

Thommy H:

Those are pretty awful!

Thorne:

Ultimate shock horror !!! I agree with Tommy :wink:

nitroglysarine:

True, but as a base for conversion, hmmm maybe.

I’d love to the sprue to really decide.

Father Grumpmas:

I agree they are a bit odd looking at first glance - they are basically a cheap and nasty set.

Having said that, I pre-ordered some of them as potential hobgoblins. Size wise they will be smaller than GW orcs and will fit well on 20mm bases, but they will be taller than goblins. There is a vague ‘eastern’ feel to the armour and equipment that I quite like.

The sprue

Painted Example

They are ripping off Angus McBride’s well known art for Tolkein orcs

Wargames Factory has been having all sorts of internal strife as they sort out ownership issues but I recieved an e-mail a couple of days ago stating that they hope to have caught up on all orders by the end of March (if you go to the site now, I don’t think you can place a new order). There was also a link to pictures of a warehouse full of product so hopefully it’s all go.

I still think these guys combined with the Mantic Khaos Dwarfs will be the cheapest way to buy an ‘off the shelf’ CD army.

Thommy H:

But if all you want is a lot of cheap, fairly skinny Orcs in plastic, why not just buy Games Workshop’s Lord of the Rings Orcs?

Father Grumpmas:

But if all you want is a lot of cheap, fairly skinny Orcs in plastic, why not just buy Games Workshop's Lord of the Rings Orcs?

Thommy H
The GW ones are quite cool but the WGF have much more conversion potential as they are fully multi-part.

Plus I have a lot of the WGF and the Warlord Games ancients figures, which means I have a heap of left over weapons and shields in the right scale for the WGF orcs

nitroglysarine:

The LOTR are monopose,

However thanks for mentioning them as I realise I have a box of them, now going to see if they might work.