[Archive] Warhammer 2012

Ghrask Dragh:

Paint something… anything  :(

furrie:

• Order some forgeworld chaos dwarfs

- paint alot of models

- buy some more models

Xander:

1. Touch up and make finishing touches on all my completed Chaos Dwarfs, then take proper pictures of said Chaos Dwarfs and share them online.

2) Finish up my Bioshock crew for Malifaux.

3) Finish my old (started in 6th edition) Orcs and Goblins force. (I’ve re-movement-trayed most of them already, and have some black orcs and a giant to complete).

4) Begin to paint up my Warhammer Online inspired and subtly Tzeentch Warriors of Chaos (with possible Great Host additions for some daemons; although the Great Host rules didn’t impress me much. Perhaps I will just have an occasional daemon littered throughout the force).

5) Figure out what to do with my Warhammer Forge Chaos Dwarfs. Perhaps include them in my WoC force.

Those are my hobby aspirations anyway. I will likely continue with creating some new Chaos Dwarf regiments once my base force is complete.

Thommy H:

although the Great Host rules didn't impress me much
Storm of Magic Sorcerous Pact?

Xander:

although the Great Host rules didn't impress me much
Storm of Magic Sorcerous Pact?

Thommy H
I confess that I know little about the rules in the Storm of Magic supplement. What are you recommending?

Thommy H:

Any army can take a contingent of Daemons as part of its Monsters & Magic allowance. So you can effectively spend an extra 25% of your points value (i.e. 500 points if the rest of your army was 2000 points) on 0-1 Greater Daemon, 0-1 Herald, 0-1 Special Character, 1+ Core and 0-1 Special and Rare per Core unit. You have to include at least one character.

Obviously you’d only be able to use it in Storm of Magic games, but you can only use the Great Host rules in massive games anyway.

Ogre_Mage:

Goals:

1)Finish painting my FW CD army (only have a deathshrieker, siege giant and the DQM to do)

2) Paint at least half of my VC stuff (I have around 10,000points unpainted

zobo1942:

I am going to be focusing on ‘Strange Aeons’, mostly in the terrain-building area. I would like to:

a) Finish some of my smaller terrain projects.
b) Make a few more smaller pieces that would work in a fantasy or 1900s-style setting, including natural features like trees, caves, rocks, etc…
c) Experiment with LEDs in terrain features, and possibly even other electrics (small motors, etc…) to create movement on the board (ie. waving trees & flags, etc…)
d) Create an island table with a summoning circle… possibly with a full river bottom around the island, using plexiglass as the water surface.
e) Make a BIG terrain piece - like an haunted-looking cathedral, or something similar.

Vogon:

Following Ogre Mage’s format

Goals:

1) Get my shiny new Forge World Chaos Dwarf army painted and based before I field it.

2) Play more games of WFB

3) Complete on my Golden Daemon entry.

4) Paint up the Assault on Black Reach set marines (Raven Guard) and learn the game :wink:

Optional extras:

5) Finish my Daemons off (basically finish off the Blood Crushers).

6) Get a second Golden Daemon entry completed in time.

7) Paint more of my Dark Elves (approx 15,000pts)

I also think I’m going to take “The Pledge” and attempt to paint more miniatures than I buy this year. We’ll see how that goes :slight_smile:

Cheers

Vogon