[Archive] Warhammer Armies- 3rd Edition Chaos Dwarf Army List

Willmark:

I did some searching and it looked like no one was daft enough to attempt this other than a brief discussion early on in the site’s existence, although I’m not entirely sure if ever gained any traction. This is the thread in question and it’s about as close to what I was looking for: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2346

So today I had the day off and the weather was not too good so I plowed through and finished the initial draft. This was a bear to complete as it was very “bitty”. By that I mean it was not easy to create the tables in InDesign (or I was really rusty at it) or both.

That said here it is, the Chaos Dwarf army list for 3rd Edition Warhammer. It hasn’t been proof read or spell checked so there is probably a lot of errors. Nor has it been play-tested although being that its from the 3rd Edition Armies Warhammer book, a White Dwarf article and Realms of Darkness it probably doesn’t really need it.

Let me know what you think:
chaos-dwarf_3rd_edition_list

tjub:

Only have a brief look and haven’t played the game so can’t say much, but look good atleast! :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Yeah I started it a few mons back but dreading doing the tables so I left it.

Admiral:

Never played it and am lousy at rules anyway, but it does look the part as a 3rd edition army list section. Smoothly done!

By the way, are Ogres included in the Chaos Allies or Greenskin sections?

AtomTaylor:

Great work Willmark, 3rd edition is getting the attention it deserves.

We need Ass Cannon rules next. :wink:

I just used the standard 3 man Cannon rules with 1d4-1 Chaos attributes. I’m sure someone can come up

with better rules for it.

Admiral:

Would like to see 3rd ed rules for the asscannon.

I’m sure there are lots that could be done for it ruleswise, but speaking as someone used to its spiritual successor of Daemonic artillery, the Hellcannon of 6th edition, perhaps something that makes units taking unsaved wounds from asscannon shots suffer a leadership penalty or taking terror tests of whatever sort psychology work like in 3rd?

For the Hellcannon, it’s combusted souls screaming as they are discharged as flaming ammunition. Scares the living daylight out of people.

For the asscannon, it’s obviously Daemonic cannonballs laughing, whooping and jeering!

[align=center][/align]

And any misfire result making it unable to shoot for a turn (if this exists in 3rd - still have to familiarize with the rules of this period) would obviously represent constipation.

If one was to make it even more like the Hellcannon, one could possibly have the asscannon sport a small chance to break loose of its shackles and run amok (this happened at a failed leadership test at the start of every CD player turn for Hellcannon, but could work differently for asscannon). While the Hellcannon went mad like a possessed tractor and charged the nearest enemy unit (IIRC) with its crew hanging onto its anchoring chains for dear life, the asscannon could instead rise up on two or four legs, attacking its crew and attacking nearest unit regardless of what is owned by which player. For a shooting Chaos Dwarf force with crossbows and mortars and swivel guns, this could be bad news!

We are all familiar with the asscannon locked together on the wooden platform, straining tightly and shooting. Yet the imagery could be expanded to a free asscannon, standing up and wreaking vengeance on its tormentors.

Perhaps this could even be something to investigate with a sculpt or at least a conversion down the line? Virtually all 3rd ed Chaos Dwarf collectors want an asscannon, but how many of them would also want an asscannon running amok as a standing monster, chains dangling from its shackled limbs? Would it make for a weird sight, as befits Chaos Dwarfs?

AtomTaylor:

Ha, the concept made me guffah. A manic out of control Ass Cannon charging in berserk fashion around the battlefield. Happy days!

Braided Beard:

Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Never played it and am lousy at rules anyway, but it does look the part as a 3rd edition army list section. Smoothly done!

By the way, are Ogres included in the Chaos Allies or Greenskin sections?

Admiral
Allies? Ogres are we proper mercenary scum for chaos dwarfs!!!