[Archive] Warhammer Armies: Dawi Zharr

Verezzo:

I started this a while back as part of my Warhammer Armies Series; (http://dogsofwaronline.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1001&page=1) and obviously, I decided to put a link to it’s individual thread thats on Dogs of War Online; http://dogsofwaronline.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1013

You can post here - or if you are also on DoWO you can post there. Expect a Play Test Version with absolutely no fluff (not even a bestiary!) in 2 weeks or so.

Thanks,

Verezzo

Verezzo:

Oh and does any one have any artwork I can use - It’s just I can’t draw humanoids or portraits (or battles) - I do landscapes ;)! You will be put in the Credits!

Thanks once more,

Verezzo

Grimstonefire:

There’s a lot of special and rare choices there, which in the normal scheme of things would break with traditional army list formats. However, presumably as with most fanlists this is intended for friendly games, so should be agreed in advance.

In the list below I’ve adjusted how I’d lay it out if it were my list. The things on the same line fulfil largely the same role (using my imagination for some of the new things), so you don’t need both.

Special

Possessed

Immortals/ Black Orcs

Hashut�?Ts Acolytes

Hashut�?Ts Doom Launchers ?? Bazooka CD?

Sneaky Gitz

Ogres/Inferno Ogres/ Daemoneaters

Hobgoblin Spear Ballista

Steam Cannon/Balefire Pelt Cannon

Death Rocket

Rare

Bull Centaurs

Petrified Sorcerer

Earthshaker Cannon

Hellcannon

Annihilation Rocket of Hashut

Steam Ram of Hashut & Juggernaut Siege Tower These sound like they should be specifically part of a warhammer siege list, not for regular lists.

Verezzo:

I’m not quite sure what you mean Grim?

Verezzo:

Quick update, I am onto the rare choices (have already done Black Orcs - but that was really just a case of copying from Army Builder of course ;P!)

Oh and also, can anybody write AB files - if so, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could do one for this book.

Thanks,

Verezzo

Grimstonefire:

Ok, basically I think you have too many entries in your list.

Also, some of them fulfil basically the same role as each other; black orcs and immortals for instance, so one can go.

The ogres it seems to me you could just have the inferno part as an upgrade? Not sure what your version of a daemoneater is, but I’m guessing it falls into the same category as ogres (high impact hits, force multiplying unit). So either this could be an upgrade for ogres or it’s dropped.

Verezzo:

Also, some of them fulfil basically the same role as each other; black orcs and immortals for instance, so one can go.

Grimstonefire
Well not really, the benefits of Black Orcs are them being cheaper than the Chaos Dwarf elites but still being the elites of the slaves and the Armed to Da Teef rule - Immortals are completely different (WS 6 and Fear compared to WS 4 and no Fear). I'm not trying to argue, it's just I see the 2 units in different roles (although I'll only ever have 1 unit of 35 Black Orcs - no more definitely :)!)
The ogres it seems to me you could just have the inferno part as an upgrade?  Not sure what your version of a daemoneater is, but I'm guessing it falls into the same category as ogres (high impact hits, force multiplying unit).  So either this could be an upgrade for ogres or it's dropped.

Grimstonefire
Inferno Ogres as quite a lot different - their not slaves/mercs but workers and members of Dawi Zharr society and wear big chunky armour to help them down the mines and protect them from the intense heat.

Daemoneaters are like Whirlwinds and Tenderizers where back in the heyday - a bit like they are in the Indy GT Book. Therefore, they definitely will not be an upgrade/based on Ogres :)!

Grimstonefire:

The inferno Ogres sound a lot more CD themed than regular ogres. If it’s not possible to merge them (giving ogres chaos armour…) then imo drop the plain ogres.

Of course if they had cool Steam Weapons, like a steam drill or a steam hammer, it would make them even more CD themed. :wink:

Verezzo:

Really quick update, I’ve just finished the Army List - onto Special Rules :)!

Corker:

I’m not sure what exactly you’re aiming for with this list, but to be honest, I gotta agree with Grim on this one. I think there are just too many units. For me its not just the fact that some of them very well might overlap as far as jobs go, but the thing is that when you have that many units you can pretty easily cover every aspect of the game well, and no army is supposed to do that. In the GW Army books the number of entries are limited so that way you have to work with certain things, its one of the main reasons they broke up the Hordes of Chaos into Warriors, Daemons, and Beastmen. When you are able to select from that many units you can tailor you’re army a bit too much. Overall though, it looks like it’ll be a pretty good list. Though one specific change I, personally, would recommend would be making wolf riders just an upgrade, kind of like in Ravening Hordes. Also, just wondering what are “Worthless Maggots” because my guess, going by the name, they would just be cheaper less useful hobgobs, and I think that giving an army already capable of fielding so many cheap units doesn’t really need the extra selection.

Sorry about the huge block of text, a good part of it is just that I’m interested in seeing what you do with this. ^^

Gar Shadowfame:

WS 6 on a unit, u do know how many GW made units has this kind of ws?

anyway as nearly always with fan made rules,

lack of integrity

overflow of units

lack of vision about armys place

may send an email to some game designer in GW studio and ask about some guidelines? In my oppinion fans can make armybooks if they think as if they were working, and if they think about metagame etc.

Verezzo:

The inferno Ogres sound a lot more CD themed than regular ogres.  If it's not possible to merge them (giving ogres chaos armour...) then imo drop the plain ogres.

Of course if they had cool Steam Weapons, like a steam drill or a steam hammer, it would make them even more CD themed. ;)

Grimstonefire
Oh thanks Grim - you've given me an evil idea :~!!!!