[Archive] Warhammer: Daemonsmiths - mild collaboration sought!

Thommy H:

Hello.

As you might have seen in my Army Book thread, I alluded to wanting to do a small follow-up project in the form a supplement tentatively entitled “Warhammer: Daemonsmiths”, the idea being to showcase some of the stuff you can build using my rules for Daemonic Upgrades. Essentially, the options for customising Daemonic Engines, Mortal Engines and Tauruses are so potentially bewildering that it might be useful to create some “ready made” things for inclusion!

And, while this is primarily a supplement, there’s no reason it can’t work by itself. All the rules for using each unit featured in it will be included (not just the Upgrades you need to build it), with a points cost so you could theoretically just slap them down on the table with your Ravening Hordes Chaos Dwarfs or even Indy GT Dwarfs of Chaos.

So what do I want from you guys? Well, each entry will consist of a two page spread, one page with the rules, and the opposite page featuring the background and a big colour picture of the model in question. There are already a few things made by the community that I know I want to include, and maybe you built one! If you did, or if you have an awesome war machine or ridden monster you think I might want to chuck in, then I’d like you to tell me about it. If you have some specific fluff (i.e. it was built by a certain Daemonsmith for a certain purpose in a certain place, etc.), or you have a good idea of what Upgrades it should have then I want to hear from you!

And, as always, any other ideas you want to throw in are much appreciated. I can’t guarantee I’ll use them all, but I would like to hear what you’ve got to say.

Xander:

I’m in, for sure.

Kollossus and Tri-Fire Hellcannon.

I’ll have to check out if your rules have changed since I made those builds a while back.

Thommy H:

Cool. I might have to rename the cannon, just to avoid mentions of the Hellcannon, since I’m going out of my way to not include instructions on how to make one using my rules (which is easily possible).

Xander:

In the video game they call Hellcannons, “Hellfire Cannons”, and then the other ones are called “Tri-Barreled Hellfire Cannons”, I believe.

Maybe that will help.

Thommy H:

Those are fine…but are they as cool as Daemonhammer Cannon? :mask

Xander:

Haha. Perhaps not.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Maybe for making it a standalone list some sort of daemonsmith style core? So, the guns of blunderbussers would work differently or have a bonus of some kind, maybe it’d work like the marks of Chaos, etc, but have to be included?

Example: Bloodblade-smiths core unit - get +1 strength.

Biledrool-smiths have blunderbusses that are Poisoned.

Aethyrspin-smiths have magical attacks/stand & shoot S1 attacks or something.

Hedonsense-smiths get +2 Initiative.

They wouldn’t even have to be linked to specific Chaos daemons, it could be more arbitrary like the fire-daemons that get mentioned in fluff, etc.

Just some thoughts.

nitroglysarine:

cool, i’m in if you want me.

i’m sort of in the wip stage with my steam tank engine thingy.

-> was going to use it as a Kolossus, but some more imaginative rules might be better

Thommy H:

If you can finish it up and get a picture of it, there’s a good chance it’ll be included. I want to do something like the Land Train, and your engine would fit that.

nitroglysarine:

cool, i’ll move it up the priority list and get it finished.

zobo1942:

AWESOME. I’m really looking forward to seeing this…

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Hm, would my Shatterer Beast fit into this? I know it’s more mechanical than daemonic… but anyway…

Thommy H:

Yep, he’s pretty much a lock to go in. Your Great Taurus will also be the example I use for that particular unit - so if you have any specific fluff for either of those models, feel free to suggest it.

zobo1942:

Any chance of including any ‘Escaped Daemon Engines’?

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8215

Thommy H:

There might possibly be a couple of new Daemonic Upgrades included, one of would be “Unbound Daemon”, but I have to do some thinking about how it’s going to work.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thommy H: Just wondered what you thought of my idea of infantry units? Like some sort of apprentices tot he daemonsmiths defending the forges or the personal armies of powerful daemonsmiths or the guards of said daemonsmiths etc…

If you dislike it or find it doesn’t fit, that’s all cool - just wanted to know if I should start developing it or not :smiley:

Thommy H:

Oh yeah, sorry. It’s probably not what I’m going for with this project, to be honest. It’s “stand alone” in as much as you’ll be able to use all the units without having to refer to my Armies book, but I don’t plan to introduce any new units - they’ll all be stuff you can build with the current Daemonic Engine, Mortal Engine or Taurus rules. The unit you describe would also already be covered by Acolytes in my background.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Ah, okay, that’s cool. Sorry for my misinterpretation. Well, off to work on building a model and planning some creations to see if I can be of any help :wink:

Verezzo:

I’m happy to help. I can use your rules to create some ideas or write rules for a steam tank or rocket launcher if you want.

Verezzo

Fequiil:

Maybe for making it a standalone list some sort of daemonsmith style core? So, the guns of blunderbussers would work differently or have a bonus of some kind, maybe it'd work like the marks of Chaos, etc, but have to be included?

Example: Bloodblade-smiths core unit - get +1 strength.
             Biledrool-smiths have blunderbusses that are Poisoned.
             Aethyrspin-smiths have magical attacks/stand & shoot S1 attacks or something.
             Hedonsense-smiths get +2 Initiative.

They wouldn't even have to be linked to specific Chaos daemons, it could be more arbitrary like the fire-daemons that get mentioned in fluff, etc.

Just some thoughts.

Hashut's Blessing
or maybe just "marks" for blunderbuss (stormcaller) units, like those mentioned above, only effective on their blunderbusses.
and like zobo mentioned, what about a couple of scenarios? or extra deamonic upgrades for greater deamonic engines? or whole new type of engine (like the mortal and deamonic engines, only a little different.)
maybe (a) special character(s)?  conversion tips and tricks? a new hero (not nessesarily special)? some artwork? or like HB mentioned a special (or core) troop type?

just some more thoughts

EDIT: sorry, i didn't read your last posts, so some things mentioned above are (rationalising from your posts) not gonna be included and could have known that before posting...