[Archive] Warhammer Forge - Forge World Fantasy announced officially!

Vash:

if they go the forgeworld way, not many people will be able to affort a complete chaos dwarf army. but, there is a offcourse the possibility of having conversion kits for normal dwarves, like they did to make traitor guard out of cadian guardsmen or deathguard for chaos space marines. still expensive though as you’ll have to buy a box of dwarfs and a bag of resin bitz but it would keep their work more inline with what most people convert.

one can only hope offcourse…

starscream:

theres always the woory of my rather expensive chaos dwarf/hobbo army drastically reducing in worth once FW dazzles with its new range. (grumble, old git, whinge)

Grimstonefire:

I happen to know that there are some CD things in this first book.  Whether there will be models previewed at games day I don’t know, but there may be some concept art.  The CD models are already done afaik, and have been for some time (at least 6 months, possibly 9).

They seem to be showing a lot of things WIP, so that might mean they’ll show some of the finished things as well.

Something else that people may find important (it will be interesting to see what they actually say at games day) is that I have been told the earliest we can expect the book is february, so I’d say we’re looking at feb/march/april/may. One of these months.

cornixt:

Judging by the rumours on Warseer, some CD models have been done for over 18 months. I hope we get to see a few soon.

Grimstonefire:

Well, there’s rumours and there’s rumours…  Afaik the soon to be released CD models have been in various stages of production since early 2008.  When they were ‘rumoured’ to be finished I’ve lost track of, but you could be right, 12-18 months could be more realistic.  For some things.

Hopefully on sunday they will finally announce them and we can discuss things.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

They mentioned the Fimir in the 8th Edition rule book (1 line in the book) - I bet Fimir will be the next release! LOL!

Thommy H:

Where do they mention the Fimir?

Da Crusha:

arent forge world books always really expensive? I don’t know how much I will be looking forward to a new army book by forge world :(.

Grimstonefire:

Yeah they do cost a fair bit.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440351a&rootCatGameStyle=books

If it’s got new Chaos Dwarf material in it though (which it will), imo it’s a price worth paying. Just need to start saving up.

Alfract:

Yeah they do cost a fair bit.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440351a&rootCatGameStyle=books

If it's got new Chaos Dwarf material in it though (which it will), imo it's a price worth paying.  Just need to start saving up.

Grimstonefire
i agree with that but i hope its all put in 1 Rulebook so we don't have to buy numerous

Grimstonefire:

Hopefully someone will ask what their plans are for CD in the long run. Imo they will very slowly work towards giving them a whole list, but it would be at least 18 months-2 years away.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Where do they mention the Fimir?

Thommy H
On one of the pages in the small rule book (Between P1-184) It says something like "Your unit could fall into a swamp and get eaten by the Fimir." or something like that. It's just a one sentance mention, but it's in there.

When I read the rule book again, I'll look out for it for you. :D

a.wagg:

Wow! This is great! Even if they just added to WoC and introduced some dwarves I would be stoked, would really mean something is on the horizon!

Fallen246:

For someone who has great difficulty with using green stuff, this is great news :slight_smile:

I still intend to make conversions though.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I think this is great news. Not only may Warhammer Forge pick up the Chaos Dwarfs and turn them into something really spectacular (although I agree with Thommy that we might get something completely unexpected stylewise), but there will also certainly be great new generic monstrous mounts, scenery and conversion bitz for us to choose from. I can’t wait to see what they might come up with for the Warriors of Chaos or Daemon armies alone! :slight_smile:

Baggronor:

Still hoping they’ll do some Nippon bits and pieces down the line too.

And I assume things like War Shrines and Abominations perhaps? The entries that have no GW models?

Willmark:

To be honest this was the worst kept secret well ever… This was floating around warseer for well over a year and was (seemingly) confirmed by insiders like Harry there. Add to the fact that at Gamesday US the dancing around the topic all but confirmed it.

Kloofpumph:

Hopefully someone will ask what their plans are for CD in the long run.  Imo they will very slowly work towards giving them a whole list, but it would be at least 18 months-2 years away.

Grimstonefire
I'll make sure I do so.
To be honest this was the worst kept secret  well ever...  This was floating around warseer for well over a year and was (seemingly) confirmed by insiders like Harry there. Add to the fact that at Gamesday US the dancing around the topic all but confirmed it.

Willmark
No, I think that honour has to go to Space Hulk.:) This comes a close second.

Vash:

they are quite expensive, costing as much as a normal game rulebook would. but they usualy contain at least 2 army lists, sometimes even more, full background for the lists, an comprensive story line for the setting of the campaign and a full list of missions for most of the battle systems of the 40K universe (so normal battles, apocalypse, battlefleet gothic and aeronautica imperiales).

in my opinion, they are worth the cash.

a.wagg:

How much are those books? There’s none currently on the GW website.