[Archive] Warhammer Forge List - 2000pts

Time of Madness:

Well with many of you having seen the new Warhammer Forge Chaos Dwarf army list, I figured I’d throw up a quick list that I put together using the new rules.

For my first list I wanted to try a straight chaos dwarf army out (no hobgoblins). The list features some big time shooting back up by a lot of T4 troops with solid saves.  

CHARACTERS

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Prophet

- Level 4 with Lore of Hashut

- Talisman of Preservation

- Dispel Scroll

= 370pts

*Comes in with a 4+ save and a 4+ ward. Very important to the army as he is my only spell caster and has LD10.

Chaos Dwarf Dark Castellan ( BSB )

- Great Weapon

- The Armour of Bazherak the Cruel

= 185pts

*The all important bsb! Comes with a 2+ save and Magic Resistance of 2. Also provides the Infernal Guard unit with some hitting power at S6 with the great weapon.

CORE

20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

- Full Command

- Blunderbussess

= 285pts

20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

- Full Command

- Blunderbussess

= 285pts

*2 units of Blunderbusses gives me army a lot of shots at close range with the multiple shot weapon. I will deploy them 10 wide in 2 ranks, but gave them full command incase I need to form them up for combat.

SPECIAL

28 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard

Sorcerer Prophet and Castellan Here

- Full Command

- Shields

- Banner of Eternal Flame

= 432pts

*My stubborn block of infernal guard is a massive amount of points and my most important unit. With a 3+ save and a 6+ ward in combat they will be hard to shift.

3 K’daai Fireborn

= 165pts

*Provide my list with some important hitting power and will give my infernal guard some protection on the flanks.

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

= 100pts

RARE

Dreakquake Mortar

- Ogre Slave

= 175pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1997pts

I figure the Infernal Guard will form up the center of my battle line supported on one flank by the K’daai. The war machines/shooting will support the 2 combat based units.  

I thought long and hard deciding if I should use the infernal guard as my main infantry block. It was a toss up between the guard or a normal warrior unit. I like the guard because of the +1 to WS and S and also the better armour saves. Not to mention the fact that they are stubborn on LD 10 with re-roll form the bsb.

The k’daai will sit beside the infernal guard and provide the list with a bit of hitting power.

I decided on 2 mortar based warmachines. However I was tempted to drop the deathshrieker in favour of a magma cannon.

Any thoughts on my first list?

Time of Madness

richard barby:

have you got a link to the army list

185 points for the bsb sounds high for a dwarf hero but the list looks solid

also just wondering what are theoptions for the blunderbusses style units how much armour can they have

Time of Madness:

The price on the BSB is correct. He is essential in the 8th edition and most people will/should take the set up I have given him.

Blunderbusses come with heavy armour (5+ save) and can be given shields. I didn’t give them shields as they are going to be used the majority of the time as a shooting unit.

I’ve debated dropping the eternal guard and taking a basic warrior unit instead. Then I could drop a unit of blunderbusses and still meet my core requirements. This would give me a lot more points to play around with in the special/rare sections.

Time of Madness

Grimstonefire:

You can move the infernal guard to core as you have a sorcerer prophet.

Time of Madness:

Grimstonefire
Thanks, I missed that rule. That will allow me to drop some blunderbusses and take more rare/special units.
Time of Madness

dromar:

yeah but the infernal guard is quite expensive.
with shield they just have S4 which is quite light for elite IMHO…
K’daai aren’t not so good: week and suicidal, they just have 2A and are very expensive…Try it but bull centaures would be more interesting though. You should take an deamonsmith to have an eye on your artillry. Hellbound for heavy mortar is quite good: 10W E8, magical attacks, fear, what else?

Personnaly, i have already equiped my BSB with enchanted shield and sword of might: 2+ armour, 5ward save againts fire, 3A S5 for 30pts droped.
Could you please add the rules for the lords that pass infernal guard to troops? Just 1lord choice? Where did you find those rules?

Time of Madness:

After some more time with the book I made a few slight adjustments.

CHARACTERS

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Prophet

- Level 4 with Lore of Hashut

- Dispel Scroll

= 370pts

Chaos Dwarf Dark Castellan ( BSB )

- Great Weapon

- The Armour of Bazherak the Cruel

= 185pts

CORE

32 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

- Full Command

- Blunderbussess

- Shields

- Razor Standard

= 518pts

SPECIAL

Sorcerer Prophet and Castellan Here

- Full Command

- Shields

- Banner of Eternal Flame

= 432pts

4 K’daai Fireborn

= 220pts

= 100pts

RARE

Dreakquake Mortar

- Ogre Slave

= 175pts

TOTAL POINTS = 2000pts

The biggest changes were putting the blunderbusses in one larger unit and giving them shields. I’ll be able to shoot and reform when in combat. The larger units take advantage of the special rules for re-rolling to wound when shooting with the blunders.

With the saved points on core I went ahead and added another K’daai. These things start wounding themselves on turn 2 if they fail a T test so the extra model will help reduce that. They are tough as nails in combat with T4 and -1 to wound. They also have a 4+ ward save.

I’m pretty happy with this list although I’ve been debating taking to level 2 daemonsmiths and a castellan as my general instead of the sorcerer prophet.

Time of Madness

dromar:

Castellan should go with chaos dwarf warriors, infernal guards are already stubborn.

By the way, even if they are resistant, they don’t have lot of impact in close combat: S4 is just not enough against many stuff. You should definitly take fire glaive and decrease the number of infernal guards.

Razor standard= armor piercing? Useless since blunderbuss already have this rule in basic.

zhatan87:

- Razor Standard
Armour piercing doesn't work when firing. Only in close combat...
Maybe we shouldn't take this experimental rule with the French GD list (cause it was not said in it) : either we play with the list shown in the French GD, or we play the experimental rules shown on the FW website.

unheilig:

That castellan seems in a great position to be a BSB. BSB’s with stubborn units are the way to go!

dromar:

Yeah, could be interesting to give him the stone mantler and the enchanted shield:

2+ armor save and T6…what else?

Spikes:

Grimstonefire
Sorry, where was that written? Is that the end-of-file in the experimental WF Infernal PDF document?

Time of Madness:

Grimstonefire
Sorry, where was that written? Is that the end-of-file in the experimental WF Infernal PDF document?

Spikes
Ya ignore that Spikes. We thought initially it looked like you might be able to move the infernal guard to core, however this has been corrected. The infernal guard are a special choice.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness:

I did throw a new list together with some changes.

CHARACTERS

Castellan (general)

- Great Weapon

- Iconcurse Icon

= 160pts

Castellan ( BSB )

- Great Weapon

- Armour of Bazherak (2+ armour save and MR 2)

= 185pts

Daemonsmith

- Level 2 fire

- Dispel Scroll

= 155pts

CORE

25 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

- Full Command

- Shields

= 250pts

25 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

- Full Command

- Shields

= 250pts

SPECIAL

General and BSB Here

- Full Command

- Shields

= 422pts

6 Bull Centaurs

- Standard/Musician

- Spears/Shields

- Banner of Swiftness

= 300pts

= 100pts

RARE

Dreakquake Mortar

- Ogre Slave

= 175pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1997pts

Now the list features 3 rock hard infantry units supported by the 2 war machines and the speedy/hard hitting bull centaurs.

Not sure that I want to arm everything with hand weapon shields, however I’m hoping the units last long enough in combat that I can get a flank charge off with the centaurs.

I also have some high S attacks from the war machines/centaurs/characters to help the army out.

Is the new list a bit of an improvement?

Time of Madness

Spikes:

Where are the slaves/hobgoblins?

dromar:

Don’t like this list:
-Warriors without heavy weapons are soft, they won’t kill a fly! The best is to give them great weapons and they will do their job: stand and kill.

-Lore of fire…seriously? This is the worst lore you could take IMHO, metal or death is better by far!

-4+ ward save for a basic hero with only 2wounds? That’s yam gived to pigs! Enchanted shield and heroslayer blade would be a nice combinaison though. Maybe you should try the stone mantel on this little boy?

-Infernal guards are pretty good but i recommand you to give them fire glaives: it provide you fire support AND S5 in close combat which is perfect to slay anything a little bit resistant (and reap apart all the rest^^) 20 with command squad and banner of eternal flame would do a great job i think.

-Pity you don’t take blunderbuss and a second earthshaker…
maybe if you replace on chaos dwarf warriors by 20blunderbuss with shields?

-Because your bull centaurs will probably go out of range from your general and BSB, i recommand you to give them the magic standard that allow them to re-roll their first missed command test.

Alan the evil:

I totally quote all this last post of dromar (except for BB - core unit are more effective… mainly with GW)

I add that I cannot go to battle without Ld 10 and +4 to dispell of the sorcerer prophet.

I prefear warbanner to BC (domar’s deduction about Ld it’s correct … but with T5 and 2+ AS it’s preatty hard to suffer 4W for a panic test)

and last, one question.

why did you put 2 stubborn heroes in stubborn unit and let 2 not stubborn units without stubborn hero?